+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: QLPP13 Site Update - July 24, 2012

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by D4RKKNIGH7 View Post
    ok, fair enough. as long as i'm assured i can practise all the duel maps i would like as a potential premium user, i'm happy.

the only concern i have is this: how many premium servers will there be, and will there be a huge influx of premium users coming on to play in the very few (i suspect) premium duel servers that exist? i fear this could cause long waiting times...

this is a concern for me, because i am a new player; which means i don't have any "pro" players who can invite me to their server to play.

sorry for the influx of questions. i am just after reassurance =)
    as I said decent duel players already have a premium or pro account. But you can buy a pro if you aren't sure or want to play with standard-account friends :P.

More than getting screwed up, this is your chance to improve (better players) and have more fun playing the game (different maps).

*x23piracy
    Hi,

to force the player to maps they don't want to play or don't like is really uncool.
    That's no reason for me to go pro or premium thats the reason for me to leave it alone!

;-(

Greetz X23

Senior Member Ashy is on a distinguished road
    The forced map rotation thing is the most horrible idea you, iD, could possibly come up with.
    Why brand a game "free to play", when you're forcing people to pay in order to play maps they used to play till yesterday and loved?

Sure, you added ex-premium maps ( removing ex-normal maps meanwhile), but this simply screams ********: people can't vote (democratically) their favourite maps simply because they aren't paying (which isn't my cause, being a pro user, yet the free-to-play population is the vast majority of the player pool).
    Have fun getting people joining you in a server which currently runs a ******** map (example: Solid in Clan Arena).

Also, the icing on the cake is the falsely pleasant, charming yet hypocritical way to justify these changes:
    "we are also introducing a new arena voting system to increase the variety of arenas played"

Oh, thank you for removing our freedom to play the maps we like, to simply fit your criteria of "increased variety".

This is basically terrorism, forcing people to play in order to play the way the used to be allowed to.
    I've always paid for my pro subscription , being an old-time lover of this game and wanting to support you, but this is just a slap in the face of both free and paying customers thanks to whom Quake Live manages to stay alive.

You'll easily notice in a few days from now on how the number of free players will dramatically drop, thus making us, paying customers, struggle to find a standard crowded server, which will suck anyways, being forced to play horrible maps.

Junior Member k3phyr is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
    The forced map rotation thing is the most horrible idea you, iD, could possibly come up with.
    Why brand a game "free to play", when you're forcing people to pay in order to play maps they used to play till yesterday and loved?

Sure, you added ex-premium maps ( removing ex-normal maps meanwhile), but this simply screams ********: people can't vote (democratically) their favourite maps simply because they aren't paying (which isn't my cause, being a pro user, yet the free-to-play population is the vast majority of the player pool).
    Have fun getting people joining you in a server which currently runs a ******** map (example: Solid in Clan Arena).

Also, the icing on the cake is the falsely pleasant, charming yet hypocritical way to justify these changes:
    "we are also introducing a new arena voting system to increase the variety of arenas played"

Oh, thank you for removing our freedom to play the maps we like, to simply fit your criteria of "increased variety".

This is basically terrorism, forcing people to play in order to play the way the used to be allowed to.
    I've always paid for my pro subscription , being an old-time lover of this game and wanting to support you, but this is just a slap in the face of both free and paying customers thanks to whom Quake Live manages to stay alive.

You'll easily notice in a few days from now on how the number of free players will dramatically drop, thus making us, paying customers, struggle to find a standard crowded server, which will suck anyways, being forced to play horrible maps.
    I agree with you mate 100 perc

*Bolllox
    Quote Originally Posted by Ph4nt0m View Post
    Wow!! Does this include prem and pro-spawned servers as well?
    3 pro servers with about 25 people total in those, 8 people on 2 premium servers. CTF has been in slow decline here in Europe over the last year with just a handfull of players. I'll know the winning team before the start about 90% of the time.
    As there are only a handful of players now, the 'known' (very good) players will string out a game by deliberately not attacking until the last 5 minutes. This then gives the illusion of a close game so the game doesn't fall appart with the losing team quitting at 4-0, 3 minutes into the game. So even the noobfarmers are having a hard time.
    I will never understand why the devs have always pandered to the elite players and never encouraged new ones.
    Cue bullying remarks from high postcount people for being noob-friendly...

edit: Any players, any gamestate, any difficulty, All Arenas, Europe (16 in 2 x pro servers + 5 people in 2 x premium servers 10:30 pm - so getting late I guess)
    Last edited by Bolllox; 07-24-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Junior Member afouibhlun is on a distinguished road
    Excellent update. Good work, y'all.

Senior Member TNZ is on a distinguished road TNZ's Avatar
    I would take back the new voting system, it doesn't add anything and it doesn't solve any problem either.

ZTN premium is dared, I know several players that will stop playing QL unfortunately. There simply is a percentage of players that will never pay for games, not even if it would only cost 1 cent. Thing is, for the game being active it needs those players...

Junior Member eagleseye is on a distinguished road
    Its amazing but you guys should really make a Zombie mode on quake that would soooooo fun and cool!!!

Junior Member DDDBest is on a distinguished road
    I don't understand something or can't now vote for the map in that time when server spawning crap-map and i should play at it??
    I apologize in advance for my bad english
    muma-zla

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post

For my favorite maps u mean Campgrounds for CA, SpaceCTF for CTF, etc? ye nah bro, just because u only can play one map and then ur gameplay got ruined for this update dosent means the update is a bad idea or "terrible"

Actually is a good one, having Japanese Castles, Spider Crossings and Stonekeep fot CTF is great so is having Overkill for CA or TDM.

Also always have been like this "pay for get the entire content of this game".

gg.
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

+ Reply to Thread