+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New premium member...A little help?

Member skeletonface is on a distinguished road

New premium member...A little help?

So, I decided to fork out for premium membership and i have a few questions about all the various settings/options/etc. I noticed people keep making themselves referees in my matches...How are they doing this, and what powers does a referee have? Can I kick a player at any time? None of this voting crap...lamers hunt in packs and I don't tolerate them. How come I can't disable flight? The spawn with flight option is not checked and is greyed out, but I always end up with idiots flying all over the map. I hear a lot about some console or other from which a lot can be altered in-game...what is it? How do I access it? And is there a list of accepted commands anywhere? In fact, while I'm here...is there some kind of instruction manual for all the additional premium options? I'll go check so I may have typed all thiscrap for no reason.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletonface View Post
    So, I decided to fork out for premium membership and i have a few questions about all the various settings/options/etc. I noticed people keep making themselves referees in my matches...How are they doing this, and what powers does a referee have?
    Those with a pro account can spawn matches, matches on which they are owner. As owner they can appoint players on the server a referee status.

I believe a referee has all the powers of an owner except for shutting off the match. So this includes kicking/banning/putting players on a given team or spec/passing votes without consensus. Not sure if refs can give ref to other players, I suppose that wouldn't be a good idea.

For a list of the commands, type ? in the console when you make you are in your own match.

Can I kick a player at any time?
    I think so. So far I haven't had a need to try this.

How come I can't disable flight? The spawn with flight option is not checked and is greyed out, but I always end up with idiots flying all over the map.
    I'll let someone more familiar with the start a match settings comment on this one. I usually spawn servers with default everything.

I hear a lot about some console or other from which a lot can be altered in-game...what is it? How do I access it? And is there a list of accepted commands anywhere? In fact, while I'm here...is there some kind of instruction manual for all the additional premium options? I'll go check so I may have typed all thiscrap for no reason.
    One thing you should see is:

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...ake-Live-Guide

For an excellent introduction to the game and its workings.

For console specific stuff see here:

http://www.regurge.at/ql/

Don't be intimidated by the number of cvars, probably 90 % of them don't work, aren't available online, or you'd just plain have no reason to change.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    If you're making someone in the match a referee, then they have the ability to make anyone in the server a referee as well. There is no way that they can make themselves a referee. To kick a player at any time, you just need to type "players" in the console
    Quote Originally Posted by How to open the console
    (While you’re in-game, press Ctrl+Alt+~ to bring down the console screen. Type com_allowConsole “1” in the console, this will alow you to access the console by simply pressing the tilde (~) key in future.)
    and then look in the console for the list of players and the numbers that represent the players. For example, if it says "3 MrRandomGuy", then you'd type "kickban 3" (or "kick" if you want to allow them to be able to rejoin the server) to kick them from the server

A list of the commands available can be found here

A list of the Admin commands can be found by either typing "?" in the console or by looking at this thread.
    Last edited by pikaluva13; 07-19-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    If you are a PRO user and when you spawn servers you still have flight on, shutdown the server, and use the "reset to default" link at the top of the advanced tab.
    If you still have this problem, then have you ever used the /writeconfig command? check through any cfg's for web_ settings, they shouldn't be their and will be overwriting new settings you are trying to use, this is the danger of /writeconfig

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Your config should not have any influence on the settings of servers spawned through "Start a match" so it shouldn't be an issue.

Watch out with commands like /kickban, /put, /op, etc. They take the player ID in parameter, not the player name. The ID can be found with /players in the console.

I'm sure there used to be a guide with all of this stuff on the main site but I can't find it :/.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    open the console and enter ? for list of commands.

?

Level: None
    Summary: Show available commands for the current user.
    Simply typing ? into the console will show all commands that you currently have access to, along with a short description if applicable.

players

Summary: Show currently connected players and their status.
    A list of current players, and their level, is printed to the console. The first column is the client id, used in operations on players. The second column is their status, * meaning Owner, @ for Admins, and blank for all other players.

timeout

Summary: Call a time out, temporarily pausing the game.
    Issuing timeout will pause the game for 30 seconds, and announce who has called the time out. This can be used to temporarily pause the game if a team member lags out, is kicked, etc. The game will be automatically unpaused after 30 seconds unless timein is manually called.

timein

Summary: Call a time in, unpausing the game.
    Timein will do the opposite of timeout, and resume a paused game. It will announce who has called the time in, and after 5 seconds, the game will unpause.

abort

Level: Admin
    Summary: Abandon the current game and return to warmup.
    If a match was accidentally started, or otherwise needs to be reset, abort will end the current game with no result, and go back to warmup, similar to the map_restart console command. Games that are aborted before the scoreboard is displayed will not be counted for stats, if applicable.

allready

Summary: Force all players to be 'ready' and start the match.
    An admin issuing allready will force the game to be started as long as there is at least one player present on each team. Use this command to quickly start the game without waiting for people to ready up.

pause

Summary: Pause the current match indefinitely.
    This command works similarly to timeout, except only an admin is able to call it, and there is no delay until it is unpaused.Admins are also able to call pause while spectating.

unpause

Summary: Unpause the current match.
    Similar to timein, this will cause the match to continue after a 5 second countdown. This command can also be used to force the match to continue even if timeout was initiated by a player.

lock

Summary: Stop players from joining the team.
    Lock optionally takes one argument, the team to lock. If no argument is specified, it will lock the current team you are on, or lock both teams if you have access. This will not allow any further players to join the team. Players on the team will still be able to go into spectator mode.

unlock

Summary: Allow players to join teams.
    Unlock works similarly to lock, except in reverse. It can lock a team specified as it's parameter, otherwise it will unlock both teams if the player has admin, and only their team if the player does not

put

Summary: Move a player to team.
    put takes two parameters, the player's ID from players and the team to switch to, either 'r', 'b', or 's', standing for Red, Blue, and Spectator. It will force the selected player to join that team.

kickban

Summary: Temporarily removes a player from the server.
    kickban takes one parameter, the player ID of the player to remove, taken from players. A kicked player will remain banned as long as they remain on the banlist.

banlist

Summary: Lists the accounts currently banned.
    banlist displays a list of accounts that are currently banned. The banlist clears itself at the end of every game period (warmup/match/round).

unban

Summary: Removes a player from the banlist.
    unban takes one parameter, the account name of the player to remove, taken from banlist. A player removed from the banlist can connect to the server.

op

Level: Owner
    Summary: Grant administrative privileges to a player.
    op takes one parameter, the player ID of the player to grant privileges to, taken from players. An admin will have access to all commands, except for the ability to give other players admin.

deop

Summary: Remove a players administrative privileges.
    deop takes one parameter, the player ID of the player to remove privileges from, taken from players. Deoped players will revert to access level NONE.

stopserver

Summary: Shuts the game server down.
    stopserver immediately shuts down the server, without warning. Server owners should notify connected players that the server will be shutting down prior to use of this command.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swampy View Post
    ... admin stuff...
    Cheers, that's very useful.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike68 View Post
    Cheers, that's very useful.
    That's the exact post that I linked in my post above (That I realized I colored white from copying the other part and just now changed the color :P)

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    That's the exact post that I linked in my post above (That I realized I colored white from copying the other part and just now changed the color :P)
    But then I'd have to click links... Actually I knew most of these, but it's always nice to have a list. Lists are good.

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar

Can I kick a player at any time? None of this voting crap
    Yes,/kickban <player id>

found by typing /players in the console.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

+ Reply to Thread