- You spawn with PG and SG. Use them!
- The surviving enemies who have weapons aren't healed between rounds. If you did damage to them in previous round, they won't survive long, or they will lose time searching for health while the rest searches for weapons.
- You get 6 (?) seconds before previous round ends and new one starts. If you spawn next to a guy aiming at you with rockets, RUN!
- Whatever your starting weapons / round delay / spawn protection, you will ALWAYS die if you spawn between 3 enemies.
- If I spawn between 3 of you, I'll often find a nearby Fog of Death to jump into. Pro tip ;)
- Another pro tip: you have to thaw your teammates. Really... In the games I've played, 10:0 scores happened only if thaw-to-death ratio was below 1:4. A 20 minute 10:4 game with over 130 thaws still felt very close and each round was a thriller!
Other thing to consider: this is Quake, a game where skill should lead to win in the end. And this is the first time many of the players have tried Freeze Tag, which explains why they can't thaw etc.
Maybe it would make sense to keep tier 4's or "golden tier" players from the Samplers, but on the other hand, we push the most noobish down to tier 2 faster :) So maybe it helps "seeding" the initial skill rating for this less popular game mode?