+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sampler Matches Updated - FreezeTag

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaxwarp View Post
    well there are close games occasionally, but mostly it's blowouts because of one ego-tripping tier 4 (t5?) guy
    I'm guilty of this myself. Not as much (total of 6 games on Samplers this week), but I need to agree: it is NOT a problem of spawning without the "best" weapons...

- You spawn with PG and SG. Use them!

- The surviving enemies who have weapons aren't healed between rounds. If you did damage to them in previous round, they won't survive long, or they will lose time searching for health while the rest searches for weapons.

- You get 6 (?) seconds before previous round ends and new one starts. If you spawn next to a guy aiming at you with rockets, RUN!

- Whatever your starting weapons / round delay / spawn protection, you will ALWAYS die if you spawn between 3 enemies.

- If I spawn between 3 of you, I'll often find a nearby Fog of Death to jump into. Pro tip ;)

- Another pro tip: you have to thaw your teammates. Really... In the games I've played, 10:0 scores happened only if thaw-to-death ratio was below 1:4. A 20 minute 10:4 game with over 130 thaws still felt very close and each round was a thriller!

Other thing to consider: this is Quake, a game where skill should lead to win in the end. And this is the first time many of the players have tried Freeze Tag, which explains why they can't thaw etc.

Maybe it would make sense to keep tier 4's or "golden tier" players from the Samplers, but on the other hand, we push the most noobish down to tier 2 faster :) So maybe it helps "seeding" the initial skill rating for this less popular game mode?

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    PS. Remember, today is Freeze Tag Friday on Frankfurt server, starting around 20 CEST.

We play premium maps and switch to bigger ones as the players connect.

Invitations for standard players can be requested over IRC (preferably on #clanchill). Everyone is welcome! (Provided you behave!)

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    good sampler, always in use when its free ^^

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    Dan, how come I dont see you on any sampler server? *** are you man?
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

*wurm12345678910
    why wont quakelive have gore in it. why cant it be m for mature?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wurm12345678910 View Post
    why wont quakelive have gore in it. why cant it be m for mature?
    I have heard three reasons:

1. The blood looks really dumb on most of the models nowadays

2. Games with blood in them are illegal to stream in Germany, where a lot of event coverage is done as well as many users.

3. T for Teen = more players than M for mature

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Dan, how come I dont see you on any sampler server? *** are you man?
    =)

i played more freezetag in these few sampler days than in my entire year of pro-membership and its been quite fun (despite my ift games with various mates, those were great and not so rare)
    Last edited by danstar; 07-24-2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: typo!

Member BigSmoky is on a distinguished road
    This is a sampler to get people interested enough to pay subs, so how about limiting users to a max of 5 games per day per user account. This should stop the people sitting on the server preventing others from giving it a try.

Also, after 5 games how about sending an automated email to the user offering a 3 month trial premium membership for say 1/3rd the cost of regular premium. You've got their interest now try to get them to join up. At the moment I don't see a join between them playing a sampler and being encouraged to join up, so this would solve that.

*MisterPing
    It would be great for pro accounts to be able to create FreezeTag games accessible by others without having to send invitations.
    My friends are not always online and I sit in my empty server waiting for someone to join, and then abandon and try joining the sample server...

Banned lars0n is on a distinguished road
    i was hoping freeze tag would be more active =(

+ Reply to Thread