+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sampler Matches Updated - FreezeTag

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mind_in_a_box View Post
    I can't play on those samplers. It says my skill is too high :(
    If you're trying to join a tier 2 friend, you won't be able to. You need to join the servers that you can see from server browser. See JustLOL's advice.

Quote Originally Posted by HanzoHasashiSan View Post
    everytime I try it always says "Server is full."
    Many people try to join them at the same time and there's only a handful of servers. Try searching for other populated ones with less players.

*iLovePlasma
    I completely approve of the starting weapons. However, I must question your wisdom in choosing a map where there is no plasma gun, and no plasma gun ammo.

Junior Member Micha is on a distinguished road Micha's Avatar
    The 1flagCTF samplers were my first 1flagCTF matches, now I'm tier 4. After playing 3 freeze tag matches yesterday I was demoted to tier 1. Why is FT so much harder than 1flagCTF?

*fonsxe
    Is it just me or are the physics different? What's with the rocket bounce?
    Also after each round winning team should not keep weapons. You see a lot of 10-0 scores.
    And when frozen you should at least be able to spectate team-members. (As it is now you can't spec when frozen)

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fonsxe View Post
    And when frozen you should at least be able to spectate team-members. (As it is now you can't spec when frozen)
    It would be useful to spec while frozen (it's probably because you're not dead, you're alive, just frozen), but on the other hand I'd rather be there when someone thaws me so I know what's going on.

*zth
    Quote Originally Posted by fonsxe View Post
    Also after each round winning team should not keep weapons. You see a lot of 10-0 scores.
    I think the same. It's a big disadvantage to start on clear for the (losing anyway) team. I haven't see close games, always one of the teams dominate.

*Elesdelover1986
    its not exactly a surprise either that scores are skewed when one team keeps the guns. If you got even one person near you at respawn you can already forget it, especially on a map which is one big hallway. I played this one quarantine once, and it was fun, but on this small map its pointless...

Senior Member Vaxwarp is on a distinguished road Vaxwarp's Avatar
    ^

well there are close games occasionally, but mostly it's blowouts because of one ego-tripping tier 4 (t5?) guy shows up and sits on the server ( there was one the other day who played for 5 HOURS in one day, and mostly on the sampler server ) no amount of shuffle can fix a guy who goes 40 or 50 frags on one team (more than the whole other team combined)

Just saying, it's not entirely the round settings, but they do lend themselves to easy dominating by the "pseudo-pro" players, so mix that in with some brand new guys asking "how do you team chat" and there will be many bg's.

kinda like devpicks.....

Member ian is on a distinguished road
    It would be nice if there were a command to disable the announcer, or replace with notification sounds.

Junior Member 1pt_21_jigowatz is on a distinguished road
    Yea - somebody needs to kill KGB. Like for real kill him. Only then will noobs like us be able to enjoy freeze tag <guh>

Quote Originally Posted by Vaxwarp View Post
    ^

well there are close games occasionally, but mostly it's blowouts because of one ego-tripping tier 4 (t5?) guy shows up and sits on the server ( there was one the other day who played for 5 HOURS in one day, and mostly on the sampler server ) no amount of shuffle can fix a guy who goes 40 or 50 frags on one team (more than the whole other team combined)

Just saying, it's not entirely the round settings, but they do lend themselves to easy dominating by the "pseudo-pro" players, so mix that in with some brand new guys asking "how do you team chat" and there will be many bg's.

kinda like devpicks.....

+ Reply to Thread