+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't move in game, keys don't work, Comcast GuardedID

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar

Can't move in game, keys don't work, Comcast GuardedID

If you are finding that no keys that you have set in game seem to respond at all, and you can't move around at all. then it is possible that you have anti-keylogger software installed that is preventing the game from being able to read the actual keys that you input.

You may not even realise that you have this software installed, as it is also a bundled part of the Comcast GuardedID id package -
    Last edited by Yakumo; 07-16-2012 at 06:40 AM.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Happened to this guy before: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...mapping-issues. (I can check IP of that guy, he's from Comcast)

Sounds the same: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop...en/td-p/674859

To sum up the above thread:
    - Comcast provides some security solution to its customers.
    - Part of that solution is a program called GuardedID. It's a "keylogger protection" solution (Cat guessed it right).
    - Uninstall that crap and your problems go away :)

*TheRikachu
    I cant look around. The game is not responding to my mouse (exept the pause menu). Please help!

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRikachu View Post
    I cant look around. The game is not responding to my mouse (exept the pause menu). Please help!
    Try http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...-The-Mouse-Fix

Junior Member FunkyBendrinkin is on a distinguished road
    I had all my keyboard keys malfunction twice while playing yesterday. Everything would work fine for several games then right in middle of a round I can no longer move. My mouse works fine and I can return fire but I can't move or change weapons. The escape key still worked though and both times I pressed escape then "Return to Game" and my keyboard worked again. I don't use Comcast, I use ATT. I am on a new computer though. It's a Toshiba Satellite S855 with Windows 8. Never had this problem with my previous Toshiba running Windows 7. I don't know if there is anti-keylogger software installed or how to find out. Any help please? Could it have anything to do with the Norton Security program that came with the computer? I've always run AVG in the past and plan to again when my free trial runs out.

+ Reply to Thread