+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Video Lag/Delay on Windows 7 x64 & AMD HD Radeon 7850 GFX - Help

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post
    c3 the slowest thing on my pc is my ati 5750 (crossfire). I do tweak the my gpu using ATI tray tools. Tons of feature and lets me disable ati powerplay, forcing the clocks always to be at full speed. thanks for the info though - Also c3 always download the latest ati crossfire profiles even if your a single gpu user
    How do you disable ati powerplay?

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    I disabled what I thought was reasonable in device manager, disabled HPET, EIST, and CPU Halt. I haven't tried the C3/C6 thing, and what are you doing in my BIOS anyways Mr. c3! ;-) Crap joke I know.

Nothing I did made much of a difference, the spikes don't go over 1000us now is all. Under load it stays around 800 us.

Graph looks like this: http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9...clat071412.jpg

I'm thinking of putting EIST and such back on because I kind of liked how it underclocked a whole Ghz to save power, and it hasn't affected my graph :/

I just tested my DPC latency again with the recommended settings, and my latency ranges from 24-138us. Prior to changing it was 150-500us I believe.

I'm very curious as to why your DPC latency is so high. In the audio production world, lowering DPC latency is just as important as a gamer wanting to lower his ping. High DPC latency with audio is associated with cracking, popping, and drop-offs, and sometimes the audio stopping all together.

I imagine your CRT monitor is neutralizing your high DPC latency as your silly analog screen displays everything the second it's sent anyways.... I'm jealous. As before, I suspect people that utilize an LCD or LED monitor going over a digital connection will be the ones who truly benefit from this tweak.

One other thing I did after after applying these BIOS tweaks was go to http://www.blackviper.com/service-co...onfigurations/, and tweak every window's service by either changing them to manual or disable depending on my need. This is a good resource to free up resources and lower overall latency if you're on a Window's platform, especially 7.

Lorfa, did you join a server (Local and Internet) and hit around with these settings disabled? I'm curious if you noticed an improvement or anything at all. From what I researched, some people actually lost FPS when disabling these BIOS settings, but their micro-stuttering and input lag dramatically improved. There may be a slight trade-off on some systems, but for me the improvement was the difference between an HPB and LPB .

For the most part I agree. I'd leave those settings all on if you don't experience problems with in game latency (Video/Input Lag). Your CPU also loses the ability to over clock itself under load, such how the i5-2500k does. Clocked at 3.3, but goes up to 3.8GHz depending on load.... something along those lines anyway.

-T
    Last edited by c3; 07-14-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post
    c3 the slowest thing on my pc is my ati 5750 (crossfire). I do tweak the my gpu using ATI tray tools. Tons of feature and lets me disable ati powerplay, forcing the clocks always to be at full speed. thanks for the info though - Also c3 always download the latest ati crossfire profiles even if your a single gpu user
    All updated .

I personally use RadeonPro instead of ATI Tray Tools. ATT gives me problems with my Sapphire HD 7850 which is AMD based. Even if I load the needed .dll to the ATT directory, ATT would either crash my system or not run at all. Had to also run driver enforcement software so it would allow low-level drivers. In any event, RadeonPRO works just as well as ATT.

I have the latest ati profiles, and I use RadeonPRO primarily to set my flip-queue to 0 (Pre-rendered frames for NVidia). I think Ray Adams is currently working on ATT so it is more compatible with newer GPUs and systems.

-T
    Last edited by c3; 07-14-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    ya flip-queue 0 should be a hack, rofl, what i mean is my rails never landed so better until I did that + years ago,acc went up a few pts. You mess with amd clock tool at all? bulldozer is great under load when I play things that require it to ;-0

Jiggly this is how I disable powerplay, I force the clocks myself doing this. It always runs whatever speed/volts I want.

This is the solution -copy-paste from the thread:
    Instructions (should work for any 5000 series card experiencing this verticle stripes/lines issue):

- Create a new profile in Catalyst, name it "No powerplay" or something similar

- In the checkboxes below (have a quick look around, should be an expanding list, can't remember) check the one for ATI Overdrive.

- At the bottom of the list, click Apply or OK, but NOT ACTIVATE. No need to activate yet.

- OK, now you go into Explorer and head to this folder (it may be slightly different depending on what you did but on Windows 7 that is it for me):

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\Profiles

- Open the xml file corresponding to the profile you just created with WordPad (not notepad)

- Change the values for Want_0 under "CoreClockTarget_0" and "CoreVoltageTarget_0" to be identical to those for Want_1. DO NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER SETTING. An example from my own xml file is given blow (see how Want_0 is now the same as Want_1). Don't forget to set the CoreVoltageTarget too. Don't just copy paste this as your card may be different from mine.

Here is an example of what mine looks like

<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_PCI_VEN_1002&amp;DEV_68BE&am p;SUBSYS_29801682&amp;REV_00_4&amp;14E8F4CB&amp;0& amp;0010A">
    <Property name="Want_0" value="79500" />
    <Property name="Want_1" value="79500" />
    <Property name="Want_2" value="79500" />
    Last edited by Adderall; 07-14-2012 at 04:50 PM.
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

I disabled what I thought was reasonable in device manager, disabled HPET, EIST, and CPU Halt. I haven't tried the C3/C6 thing, and what are you doing in my BIOS anyways Mr. c3! ;-) Crap joke I know.

Nothing I did made much of a difference, the spikes don't go over 1000us now is all. Under load it stays around 800 us.

Graph looks like this: http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9...clat071412.jpg

I'm thinking of putting EIST and such back on because I kind of liked how it underclocked a whole Ghz to save power, and it hasn't affected my graph :/
    Lorfa,

When I get the chance, I'll take a screenshot of my DPC results as well. The lowest vertical green bars on your graph is pretty much what mine looks like across the board after I disabled HPET and other such settings.

I'm hoping I can put you to work so you can figure out how to optimize your DPC latency, if you care to do so . Your fluctuation is far to big (8-1100us) which suggests your system/software/settings is slowing you down at some point, Mr. CRT Man. Your research will help us modern-day folk with our silly slim LCD monitors that don't take up 1/2 of the room to use!

What do you say, ready for community inspired voluntary employment?

-T

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Donno, bit nervous about it.

I went through my services.msc a long time ago but I will recheck them.

I'll also try the c3/c6 thing. I have a feeling there's something much more difficult to find than these causing the spikes though.

I didn't notice any difference in-game so far.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    I rechecked services.msc and disabled some things. I went from 32 running processes down to 27. I tested it closing two more processing for a total of 25. I disabled one or two more things in device manager.

I looked for c3/c6 in my bios but I didn't see it.

I still get the same repeating pattern in DPC checker.

Ok.. I found a forum where someone posted a screenshot with the _exact_ pattern of spikes that I have.

They are saying that a bios update will fix it. As far as I know I have never flashed this bios so that's a good sign that an update will fix the issue.

Unfortunately I don't have a usb stick :-/ So as soon as I get one or find some other method to flash the bios I will try it.

Senior Member JustLOL is on a distinguished road JustLOL's Avatar
    My latency seems to go from 30 to ~600, I guess I've got some tweaking to do later... http://i45.tinypic.com/nn7alg.jpg
    I can't disable HPET in BIOS (asus mbo), I've disabled it in device manager, but that didn't change anything.. I'll be googling heavily to see if there's anything to bring it to some stable lower value.

Unfortunately I don't have a usb stick :-/ So as soon as I get one or find some other method to flash the bios I will try it.
    Got one of these?
    "Men no longer prefer blondes; today, gentlemen seem to prefer gentlemen."

Quote Originally Posted by JustLOL View Post
    Got one of these?
    Don't have the drive for one :-)

Found a usb stick, so now just need to read the directions.

+ Reply to Thread