+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Game Video Lag/Delay on Windows 7 x64 & AMD HD Radeon 7850 GFX - Help

Banned Dan82 is on a distinguished road
    Right I have definitely narrowed this down to a problem between Quakelive servers and Public Owned servers. Need some help from people who know what they are doing as to why (because most of the last remaining UK servers are Public run ones)

I've tried Port forwarding on my router in case they used different ports. 27000-27999
    Nothing changed.
    Last edited by Dan82; 03-20-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Junior Member cee_em is on a distinguished road
    hey guys i have a ASUS mobo model PSG41-M LX2/GB I also hav eto go into device manager to disable HPET. I was able to disable my C1E and the speedstep like c3 suggested but i still have some big latency issues it looks like according to my DPC checker. anyone here with an asus that was able to solve this?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-j...no/latency.jpg

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    just a reminder as this thread is getting big and people often miss things.
    do try
    \com_idlesleep 0

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    To me that strongly indicates some kind of background process. There's a page on the net somewhere about locating the causes of dpc latency. Google it.

Junior Member leftovers is on a distinguished road
    This is pretty much the problem I've been experiencing for well, years now, though at times quake feels alright and I always put it down to internet lag.. this DPC thing could be the issue. Read one description on a forum about it and they said:
    "Spikes of high DPC latency can cause a computer to slow to a crawl for a few seconds before speeding up again in super-speed to catch up"
    This is exactly one of the symptoms that occurs for me, it looks as though some players, particularly good players who dodge well will move around as though they have the haste buff or as though timescale is set to 2.. making it pretty impossible to hit them at all, even point blank with rockets.

Other problems I seem to get are, my LG doesn't seem to register any knockback on whomever I'm hitting in most cases.
    Rockets and nades are extremely difficult not to get hit directly with, even when they look like they should have slipped past me they will hit me direct, sometimes I will even see them explode to the side of me in midair where im not even standing.
    Also in regards to rockets, its as though theres a delay before a knockback is applied and I get warped slightly back to an old location and then get applied with a knockback and it feels like an eternity before I get control back.
    LG instantly hits me like I've been railed, and at times LG pushes me back as though I'm not even moving and moving has no countereffect on the amount of force LG applies.
    I've strafed across a line of plasma and as soon as one ball hits my movement stops and a huge chunk of plasma will hit in succession.
    Sound effects seem to drop out, not the entire sound, just random sounds will just get dropped, particularly in fights where theres 2+ players nearby who are using LG.
    And simply trying to fight in an area with 4 players on my screen is pretty much guaranteed impossible for me to register any damage, massive warping from those players and pretty much 100% hits against me.. quite an impossible scenario for me to do anything relevant except try to +back out of there.
    I could go on and on, I still manage to do quite well.. I'm not much of a duelist but I do have great aim, but it would be nice to eliminate this input lag and be able to play better more consistently rather than consistently having the most deaths on my team.

Member wannabenz is on a distinguished road
    if you work it out pass it on

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftovers View Post
    This is exactly one of the symptoms that occurs for me, it looks as though some players, particularly good players who dodge well will move around as though they have the haste buff or as though timescale is set to 2.. making it pretty impossible to hit them at all, even point blank with rockets.

Other problems I seem to get are, my LG doesn't seem to register any knockback on whomever I'm hitting in most cases.
    Rockets and nades are extremely difficult not to get hit directly with, even when they look like they should have slipped past me they will hit me direct, sometimes I will even see them explode to the side of me in midair where im not even standing.
    Also in regards to rockets, its as though theres a delay before a knockback is applied and I get warped slightly back to an old location and then get applied with a knockback and it feels like an eternity before I get control back.
    LG instantly hits me like I've been railed, and at times LG pushes me back as though I'm not even moving and moving has no countereffect on the amount of force LG applies.
    I've strafed across a line of plasma and as soon as one ball hits my movement stops and a huge chunk of plasma will hit in succession.
    Sound effects seem to drop out, not the entire sound, just random sounds will just get dropped, particularly in fights where theres 2+ players nearby who are using LG.
    And simply trying to fight in an area with 4 players on my screen is pretty much guaranteed impossible for me to register any damage, massive warping from those players and pretty much 100% hits against me.. quite an impossible scenario for me to do anything relevant except try to +back out of there.
    I could go on and on, I still manage to do quite well.. I'm not much of a duelist but I do have great aim, but it would be nice to eliminate this input lag and be able to play better more consistently rather than consistently having the most deaths on my team.
    Absolutely all of this is down to the unlag net code (backwards reconciliation, whatever you want to call it)

Except for the sound, I think the sound errors are just bugs in the sound engine, though it is possible it might be because of the anti lag code too.

I don't know what ping you play on, but on under 30ms everything moves faster, and seems more responsive, but micro warpy players can be incredibly hard to hit, and they will still lg you to death by the time you've barely noticed they're there as the network catches up to the fact they saw you first or whatever.
    ~30-40ms lg seems to be more solid, register better, if you can start to track someone, but high speed dodgers can still elude.
    on 30-80ms you can massively reduce the lagged feel by using cl_timenudge -20, but this will make micro warpy players appear even more jittery highlighting their bad connections, and though it tries to be more accurate, the prediction isn't perfect, so most good players actually preffer to keep it at 0 for better consistency.

the unlagged code actually stops at 80ms, so you're left with timenudge or doom really.

Lower fov (90 to 100) reduces the feel of these problems, as does lower sensitivity play (15cm/360 turning circle or greater, some play on up to 50cm) but at the end of the day, all you can do is try to adapt to it, and the annoyance of how it acts vs players who are on different pings or worse, jittery connections.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 05-14-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Junior Member damned1 is on a distinguished road
    I'm also experiencing the same issue. I did those NET adapter changes (Offloads) before I went to BIOS and switched off some C3/C6, HPET (and so on) settings. Those all fixes have a one common feature: work only for some time and after that everything is back laggy and frustrating. It seems that after doing major system changes something is going to adapt again and then lags are back. I'm starting to think that it's for sure my ISP. I have a plan to take my PC to my work office and try with commercial ISP. Another thing (as I also have GIGABYTE motherboard) is to try at least with other network adapter and maybe with a new motherboard.

Maybe it's also a good idea to open a support ticket. Who know maybe ID's guys will give us some piece of advice about how the engine works under the hood

+ Reply to Thread