+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Game Video Lag/Delay on Windows 7 x64 & AMD HD Radeon 7850 GFX - Help

Junior Member Slunge is on a distinguished road
    so glad i found this thread - been having this problem for easily 12 months...

i ended up reverting to using linux which seemed to help things for me (c3, i had exactly same experiences as you, seem feeling, same delayed hit reg, lg being down at 30% - if i boot in to the linux partition, same config, its back up at 40)...

now they have bombed off linux, im stuck with having to find a resolution in windows.. already installed win 7 64, win 8 64, and currently testing xp sp3... delays in all of them, if i reboot back in to linux and play under Wine, its almost fixed like before, only Wine adds some other issues of its own : (

point to note, im also running a Gigabyte Z68 UD3 motherboard, with a intel 2500k, 6950 and 8gb ram - seems a few of us on gigabytes having issues

Will add to this as i start to test tomorrow, checked my DPC and its ranging from 8-500 atm

Quote Originally Posted by Slunge View Post
    so glad i found this thread - been having this problem for easily 12 months...

i ended up reverting to using linux which seemed to help things for me (c3, i had exactly same experiences as you, seem feeling, same delayed hit reg, lg being down at 30% - if i boot in to the linux partition, same config, its back up at 40)...

now they have bombed off linux, im stuck with having to find a resolution in windows.. already installed win 7 64, win 8 64, and currently testing xp sp3... delays in all of them, if i reboot back in to linux and play under Wine, its almost fixed like before, only Wine adds some other issues of its own : (

point to note, im also running a Gigabyte Z68 UD3 motherboard, with a intel 2500k, 6950 and 8gb ram - seems a few of us on gigabytes having issues

Will add to this as i start to test tomorrow, checked my DPC and its ranging from 8-500 atm
    Couple of days testing - turning off hpet in bios, seemed to eliminate 95% of the delay under XP, lg was back up to 40+... previous night, same install, hpet on was struggling to get 30+, under linux previous night was still 40ish..

under windows7, still seems to be pretty bad, going to try testing dpc in win7, see how it comes out, seems to jump up by 250 every time I move my mouse (from 8us to 260 with any mouse movement - using cm xornet, no drivers @ 1000hz).

Senior Member OmeK is on a distinguished road OmeK's Avatar
    since the stand alone came out, i experienced similar fps drops that feels more like lag input than simple fps drops...
    im on a i5 760 and asus eah 6970 with asus mobo (p7p55d)
    seems i fixed by disabling Intel SpeedStep tech in bios, which disables CPU speed controlled by os.

another update - on my motherboard, gigabyte z66ap u3 (i think).. whenever i moved the mouse the latency shot up by 250.

i have now installed the drivers for the usb3 ports (that i didnt use before) and plugging the mouse in to these (different controller) = no more jumps, it sits at 8us constantly, which really seems to benifit in game for hitsounds at the like.. so strange.

can only assume the reason why its never worked under any windows before was the usb drivers were terrible, and the linux ones for the old controller worked ok.

seems so much better now.
    just need to test it all out using my win7 install now.

Member wannabenz is on a distinguished road

Cool where too now

Quote Originally Posted by c3 View Post
    This whole 'placebo' thing is baseless and nonsense.

The fact remains that when you turn off things such as 'HPET,' it does significantly improve the responsiveness of your system, along w/ Quake Live performance. This isn't based on opinion, it's based on objective conclusions from actual system tests. It's like saying 'Input Lag' is a placebo, when everyone at this point should understand its prevalence and negative impact on gaming.

I have done everything in this guide but nothing solves my issues fps great pi 31 local servers. not so bad with a few ppl on but get 5 aside and its if the info doesnt get back to me in time i end up see a heaps of messy as action, its not possible to actually avoid anyone, im on win 7 i7haswell 660 nvid card this problem goes way back never resolved i bought new pc still happen new lan cable got vdsl still happens what am i missing? Is there something in config to make this so un enjoyable i have to fight it all the time mouse lag bought new mouse ...anything appreciated im at the end of the line,i dont except to be a good player just want a slick gameplay,there nobody i know of local thats a qler thanx...

seems since they made that engine update my issues are back too, was either that or I did something with QLHM... utterly frustrating, and its definitely some form of input lag, not only does hit sounds not feedback properly but movement feels clunky too, banging in to doorways, laggy turns, its horrible.....

Senior Member 1337Hax0rr is on a distinguished road
    I bought an intel NIC and i think this might've helped. The input delay on my mobas feel more responsive too. Try it if you want

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833106033

Member payunio is on a distinguished road
    Today I downloaded DPC Latency Checker v1.3.0 and found my absolute maximum latency was over 2000 microsecs or even more, then went to the device manager and disabled de Realtec Wireless LAN driver, then the absolute maximum latency dropped to less than 500 microsecs. I thought this would help but DPC Latency seems not to be the issue since Quakelive keeps showing unplayable on my pc. I frankly don't know how to proceed now. I guess the first thing to do is to find out which unquestionable fact indicates the issue I am facing is the one discussed in this thread. I have a ping equal to 20, but my shots don't hit and I even feel everyone's shots hit me, no matter how far they impact from me. I always feel my movements are predicted or previewed, I can't surprise anyone anymore, I am always stuck on doorways and other players, and my movements feel laggy and out of timing. I am not even being credited the hits I do (which I hear), my score is always low. It was not like this a year ago. This started happening a year ago and I tried working on the bios but since it's a notebook advanced features are disabled, I reinstalled most of the drivers, etc. Btw I have a toshiba satellite i7 1.6 Win7 64bits Nvidia 330.

Let's start. What should be the normal latency (in micro-secs)?
    Last edited by payunio; 03-16-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Banned Dan82 is on a distinguished road
    I take what I said back below....... I'm starting to wonder if it's me, but nearly everytime I find a solution and it feels great, I play for a night and win everything. The next day, I cant beat tier 3 people, my aim seems completely off and it feels laggy again. I'm starting to feel like giving up altogether.

I had a very similar problem and I think I solved mine anyway.
    I won't go into the whole thing, but I found two things that helped.

Turn off antivirus (AVG was messing with mine) This made it more acceptable but still not quite right.
    I recently forced 85 hz in game.

My monitor is a graphic Dell Ultrasharp and at 2560x1440 it is only meant to be 65hz. I found this insanely laggy, and forced it to 85hz, this seem to smooth it all out and made tracking with the lg so much more comfortable. Before I was struggling to achieve 17%
    Last edited by Dan82; 03-18-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Banned Dan82 is on a distinguished road
    Ok I have been investigating a little more and today I joined a server [HD]Hammer in the UK. Game felt like crap again and I was losing patience, and ready to quit, when I decided instead to join another server I.s Reefa in Germany.
    Oddly this felt much sharper and way more responsive, now I might be barking up the wrong tree here, in a subject I know little about, but in any case I did a tracert to each servers IP.

The Uk one seems to be based on a SKY account (personal server maybe??) and the other based at a Quakelive address.
    Would or should this have any noticeable affect on my game play as it maybe?

+ Reply to Thread