+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Video Lag/Delay on Windows 7 x64 & AMD HD Radeon 7850 GFX - Help

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    It definitely doesn't with nvidia is all. So I think it's worth looking into as to whether or not open-GL is affected by flip-queue.

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    It definitely doesn't with nvidia is all. So I think it's worth looking into as to whether or not open-GL is affected by flip-queue.
    TBH, I think it's all a lost cause. Anyone who's serious enough about getting consistent low latency (in all respects) game play will dual boot with XP and a fix version of a video driver with a fixed clock rate, reliable mouse drivers. I'm just making do with Win 7 Pro x64 and it's never and will never be quite that good. Ugh.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Flip-queue may only apply to direct X games, and QL is open-gl. At least it's that way with Nvidia's pre-rendered frames option of which flip-queue is supposed to be equivalent.
    Flip Queue Size

Determines the number of frames the driver will render ahead of being displayed if CPU is fast enough (usually it is). The driver default is 3, higher values can improve performance and reduce stuttering but may introduce mouse lag. Lower values can help reduce mouse lag but can cause stuttering.
    The recommended setting is Use Driver Default.
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    I'm hoping to reignite this thread w/ new tweaks and ideas. Somewhat recently, I've been dealing with input lag issues again. I feel that it is video card driver based and I just can't find the right drivers/settings. I've been dealing with video crashes so I changed back from my AMD HD 7850 video card running 12.10 catalyst drivers to my nvidia 550 TI driver version 195.73 I believe, and I've tried the 306 driver series.

The game just doesn't feel responsive, and there is this 'weird' delay once again. Getting quite irritated w/ dealing with this issue...

Here are my video settings and the ones I've tried time and time again:

Most Nvidia settings are turned off such as: anti-alias, triple buffering, threaded, antistropic.. etc Pre-rendered frames 3 or 2 (When I use 1, the enemy models stutter back and forth and make it impossible to LG, very strange)

and scaling options:

I've heard so many different trains of thought on which scaling options are best in regards of input lag... here's the consensus:

Scaling turned off w/ display (not gpu) selected. Also, you should run the game at your display's native resolution, so 1920x1080 in my case. For Quake, I hate running in widescreen mode, I prefer 4x3, but I prefer to have less input lag. When I run this scaling option, I feel it's very difficult to pin your opponent w/ LG because the hitscan is all over the place... feels like it's delayed so you're not seeing an accurate representation of where the model actually is.

Strangely enough, when I set my scaling options to aspect ratio and set on GPU, I can pin enemies easily w/ LG and LG well over 40%, but the game feels more lagged and I'm getting railed well outside around the corner of a door where there's no way anyone should be able to land a shot through a wall.

Can you guys post your driver version and video settings that give you the best performance in regards to input lag? At this point, I'll probably just switch back to my AMD HD 7850 card. So tired of dealing w/ this nonsense I'm tempted to just pick up a CRT so I don't have to deal w/ INPUT LAG. I really wish at this point I never played on a CRT so I wouldn't know any better.
    Last edited by c3; 01-11-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Sorry to revisit an old thread, but does anyone else here find that Radeon Pro does not hold the flip queue settings for QL? I have to actually turn API monitoring ON and OFF with each map change to get good hit detection. It's not a subtle difference either.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    jiggly I never had that problem when I was using ati cards. Report that issue here -> http://forum.radeonpro.info/ you might get a solution
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post
    jiggly I never had that problem when I was using ati cards. Report that issue here -> http://forum.radeonpro.info/ you might get a solution
    Thanks will give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by jigglyboobs View Post
    Sorry to revisit an old thread, but does anyone else here find that Radeon Pro does not hold the flip queue settings for QL? I have to actually turn API monitoring ON and OFF with each map change to get good hit detection. It's not a subtle difference either.
    Jiggly,

Make sure you're running RadeonPro w/ 'Administrative Privileges.' Right click on your 'RadeonPro' app, click the compatibility tab, and check the box, "Run this Program as an Administrator,' so you don't have to right click the app every time you launch it. I've found this program requires this under 'Win 7' to ensure all settings are applied.

Quote Originally Posted by c3 View Post
    Jiggly,

Make sure you're running RadeonPro w/ 'Administrative Privileges.' Right click on your 'RadeonPro' app, click the compatibility tab, and check the box, "Run this Program as an Administrator,' so you don't have to right click the app every time you launch it. I've found this program requires this under 'Win 7' to ensure all settings are applied.
    Thanks C3. Seems to be better. Do you get the warning about api detection not working properly when you launch with Admin privileges?

Quote Originally Posted by jigglyboobs View Post
    Thanks C3. Seems to be better. Do you get the warning about api detection not working properly when you launch with Admin privileges?
    Nope.

Can you post a screenshot so we can take a look at this 'warning message?'

+ Reply to Thread