+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Video Lag/Delay on Windows 7 x64 & AMD HD Radeon 7850 GFX - Help

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    So, today, I found out an additional piece of info:

Most people play with in_mouse 2. I usually play with in_mouse 1. Today I switched from 1 to 2 and noticed a huge improvement in responsiveness. This was not obvious before all the other tweaks, but with the other tweaks mentioned in this thread, it's a huge difference.

Senior Member DAHUNTERROCKS48 is an unknown quantity at this point
    How about opening up some ports and feeding the game to your computer directly? With the help of your ISP provider or your knowledge about computers may eliminate the lag by doing that.

Member DannyF is on a distinguished road DannyF's Avatar
    Just a suggestion, but your mouse could be faulty. Just try putting in a cheap mouse and see what happens.

Normally for me its the V-Sync that creates this delay. You must make sure that it really is forced off and not just in the game, try using a different program to do this like rivatuner.
    I use refresh rate 60 with max fps 125, although I get slight screen tearing it still feels nice and fast.
    XCMDannyF

Danny, there's one level of delay where you have trouble keeping up with the tier 4 folks and have noticeable lag after every shot. There's that second level of delay where some slight imperceptible lag keeps your rockets and rails from hitting telepathic in every which direction as you fly around the map dominating average t4 players at every turn. We are discussing that 2nd level of delay here. :-P

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post
    http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/ - Has been 100% updated

c3 did you disable all the mouse shadows? That will cause lag with the mouse, that has been a known issue for + years with ccc ;/

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Performance Information and Tools
    then go to visual effects
    All disabled, yes.

Member DannyF is on a distinguished road DannyF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglyboobs View Post
    Danny, there's one level of delay where you have trouble keeping up with the tier 4 folks and have noticeable lag after every shot. There's that second level of delay where some slight imperceptible lag keeps your rockets and rails from hitting telepathic in every which direction as you fly around the map dominating average t4 players at every turn. We are discussing that 2nd level of delay here. :-P
    Ok....(slowly walking backwards away from this thread) lol.
    XCMDannyF

So I wanted to revisit this thread, because after some time when everything seemed to work ok, I've started getting very spotty hit detection again. Part of the problem seems to be that Radeon Pro is not able to consistently keep flip-queue at zero. Has anyone else had this problem? I have Win7 Pro 64 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by jigglyboobs View Post
    So I wanted to revisit this thread, because after some time when everything seemed to work ok, I've started getting very spotty hit detection again. Part of the problem seems to be that Radeon Pro is not able to consistently keep flip-queue at zero. Has anyone else had this problem? I have Win7 Pro 64 bit.
    I mean, could the problem be that I run both CCC and Radeon Pro?

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Flip-queue may only apply to direct X games, and QL is open-gl. At least it's that way with Nvidia's pre-rendered frames option of which flip-queue is supposed to be equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Flip-queue may only apply to direct X games, and QL is open-gl. At least it's that way with Nvidia's pre-rendered frames option of which flip-queue is supposed to be equivalent.
    Pre rendered frames is a general trick to increase frame rate stability. Seems to me it shouldn't matter whether you are on dx or gl.

It's also not a small difference. My lg accuracy goes up about 5 points instantly against pretty much anybody with the option enabled. Only other possibly is that radeon pro is also affecting clock rates when reset.

+ Reply to Thread