+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Video Lag/Delay on Windows 7 x64 & AMD HD Radeon 7850 GFX - Help

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post

Try cl_maxpackets 120
    I've tried this before, but it was awhile ago under different video settings. I'll try this again and see if I notice an improvement.

Try timenudge -10 or so.. I am using -10 for all weapons besides the rail which is at -6. The reason is that timenudge 0 feels very laggy to me.
    Been iffy on timenudge... I've tried -5 from time to time but I'll give your recommended settings a shot.

cl_mouseAccelStyle doesn't exist. Of course it will be created if you use set or seta, but it will have no effect. It's an old cvar that was removed from the game a while back so still appears in some configs.
    As for your statement regarding the existing of this cvar, cl_mouseaccelstyle, I disagree. The command is still definitely there, and when I set it to 1, there is a noticeable difference in how the mouse responds. 2, the accel responds just how I expect it to. No placebo effect here.

Shouldn't be necessary but I suppose it makes sense to try.
    I agree :\

:-P

I have a 4:3 love :-)
    Word.

Also shouldn't be necessary but something to try as well.
    This ancient game not performing as it should is not necessary :\.

Hunkmegs is actually locked at 128. It's possible to change it to 96 with a trick but it's extremely unlikely that this will have any effect on anything unless you had an ancient machine.
    This one is interesting. Hunkmegs default for me is 96, as stated in the console. Why do I feel like I somehow have a different version of QLive than you do? This is highly unlikely, but there are commands that aren't 'supposed' to exist, but they definitely exist in QLive for me, such as cl_mouseaccelstyle.

Thanks for the help, once again, you rock.

FYI: CFG on the way soon.

-T
    Last edited by c3; 07-12-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabenz View Post
    hey your not alone i use nvid cards tried everthing almost you have.but the game plays like crap,,,,i too can never get a first shot off,i seem to be hit before the bell goes so to speak..do you get explosions all messed up like a flaring laggy mess? i too am at witz end my 2 pence worth...
    Can you be more specific with your 'flaring laggy mess?'
    Last edited by c3; 07-12-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabenz View Post
    hey your not alone i use nvid cards tried everthing almost you have.but the game plays like crap,,,,i too can never get a first shot off,i seem to be hit before the bell goes so to speak..do you get explosions all messed up like a flaring laggy mess? i too am at witz end my 2 pence worth...
    My best explanation to my issue is that I feel like I'm pinging 150-200 despite a ping of 20-35.

Lorfa,

Any thoughts on using VGA over DVI? I can't say if any tests were conducted to support this notion, but many suggest using VGA over DVI to reduce input lag. There are many trains of thought as to which one will provide you with the least amount of input lag, especially with LCD monitors.

I know for the most part that connectors beyond VGA were designed to allow more bandwidth, but what about response? Currently, I'm using the Asus vg236h 120hz 2ms (GTG) LCD Monitor. Definitely no slouch in fairly high-end realm of fast response lcd monitors. I refuse to believe that a CRT is required to perform @ satisfactory levels. This is the 21st century and I don't want that boulder on my desk. If I cared to play more competitively, I'd make the switch but that's just not the case...

-T

*gregster205
    well it looks like you have a pretty good computer a good processer but thats kinda weird why it would lag is there a file that it didnt download right and it lags inbetween gamplay thats mayby the problem.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c3 View Post
    As for your statement regarding the existing of this cvar, cl_mouseaccelstyle, I disagree. The command is still definitely there, and when I set it to 1, there is a noticeable difference in how the mouse responds. 2, the accel responds just how I expect it to. No placebo effect here.
    Try this:

bind pgup "cl_mouseAccelStyle 0"
    bind pgdn "cl_mouseAccelStyle 1"

\devmap qztourney4
    \give all ; god
    \addbot anarki 4
    \clear

Then hit pgup/pgdn simultaneously like 20x.

Fight against the bot for a bit, like a minute or so. Guess in your mind which value cl_MouseAccelStyle is set to, then type it in the console. Take note of whether or not your guess was correct.

Issue a \clear and hit pgup/pgdn a bunch of times again.

Do at least 10 trials, if not 20+ and compare the percentage of correct guesses vs. incorrect ones. This should be sufficient to iron out any placebo effect.

I assume you use cl_MouseAccel > 0, if you're using 0 and still have an effect then you've really gone bonkers ;-) It would have no effect at all even back when accelstyle existed if mouseaccel was 0. I remember doing some tests and concluded that unless mouseaccel was non-zero the whole of the accel code was bypassed completely, although there was no way to be 100 % sure without seeing the source.

I tested it myself to make sure there wasn't something happening. I did set cl_mouseaccelstyle 0/1 (creating the cvar) and tried different values. No difference.

The code itself was deprecated from the game and the features of style 1 were added to style 0 while ditching all the problems of style 1.

The only way to clear out a cvar that was made with seta and saved to a config is to reset your configs via the website (game settings --> reset defaults). Otherwise QL will just copy repconfig.cfg into your QL directory and include any seta values that you made. Resetting to defaults deletes the cloud copy of repconfig.

This one is interesting. Hunkmegs default for me is 96, as stated in the console. Why do I feel like I somehow have a different version of QLive than you do? This is highly unlikely, but there are commands that aren't 'supposed' to exist, but they definitely exist in QLive for me, such as cl_mouseaccelstyle.
    So if you type com_hunkmegs in the console, what does it say? It should say:

com_hunkmegs is "128" default "96"

Like I said there is a way to get it to 96 with a trick. Otherwise any value you put in will be ignored, it will just say com_hunkmegs is 128, latched such_and_such. No amount of restarts or configing will ever change the value though.

Either way 96 vs. 128 is a minor issue that should have no effect on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by c3 View Post
    Any thoughts on using VGA over DVI? I can't say if any tests were conducted to support this notion, but many suggest using VGA over DVI to reduce input lag. There are many trains of thought as to which one will provide you with the least amount of input lag, especially with LCD monitors.
    The effect should be completely negligible, other than image quality. Since these digital LCD displays were designed to work with DVI, I would think DVI is the better choice.

I know for the most part that connectors beyond VGA were designed to allow more bandwidth, but what about response? Currently, I'm using the Asus vg236h 120hz 2ms (GTG) LCD Monitor. Definitely no slouch in fairly high-end realm of fast response lcd monitors.
    The important thing is not response time (nowadays anyways) but input lag. That display has about 12 ms ( per Source). Not too bad as far as LCDs go.

I refuse to believe that a CRT is required to perform @ satisfactory levels.
    Well it isn't true heh. There are plenty of strong players using LCDs.

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    Lorfa, cl_mouseaccelstyle 0 turns off mouse accel. There's no question it does on my machine. The effect is dramatic.

One thing about Win 7 I found out today: you need to make sure IIS 7 (www publishing service) is disabled. Otherwise you computer runs a web server all the time........ FAIL.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglyboobs View Post
    Lorfa, cl_mouseaccelstyle 0 turns off mouse accel. There's no question it does on my machine. The effect is dramatic.
    Probably you haven't tested it since it was removed :-)

Probably you haven't tested it since it was removed :-)
    When was it removed?

+ Reply to Thread