+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fullscreen Fps very low

*KilIerz

Fullscreen Fps very low

Hi im new to quakelive.

i play quakelive with a smoothly in browser mode. but when i switch to fullscreen my fps is really bad and lags.

i figured its not a graphics card issue considering it works perfectly fine in browser

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KilIerz View Post
    Hi im new to quakelive.

i play quakelive with a smoothly in browser mode. but when i switch to fullscreen my fps is really bad and lags.

i figured its not a graphics card issue considering it works perfectly fine in browser
    The browser mode can be running at a lower resolution than fullscreen, and/or different refresh rate. So it could be that your seeing less frames (60hz) or it could be that your gfx card can't cope with the higher rez it's swapping out too.

*KilIerz
    I forgot to note, i have another laptop with a similar graphics card and it runs full screen perfectly

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    update your drivers then, and post more details on the systems if it persists.
    browser plugins have been known to cause strange interruptions too.

*KilIerz
    I think my drivers are up to date and im using google chrome with adblock and skype tools. my graphics card is some **** gma 3100

Quote Originally Posted by KilIerz View Post
    I think my drivers are up to date and im using google chrome with adblock and skype tools. my graphics card is some **** gma 3100
    Ah, the intel gma 3100 drivers are really buggy with openGL. the windows compositor can really mess things up, many users used to jsut get black screen fullscreen.

in an administrative elevated windows cmd prompt try

net stop uxsms
    before playing to turn off the desktop compositor
    net start uxsms

to turn it back on again afterwards.

That might help, depending on how exactly intel have messed up the drivers this time..

*KilIerz
    its just a gray screen, i can hear the sounds and everything though. its gray in both screens

Senior Member crogeek is on a distinguished road crogeek's Avatar
    It's not worth playing QL under Intel GMA cards - they're integrated and they're bad.
    There's no better place than (127.0.0.1) HOME. . .

QUAKE 2 INSTAGIB WILL STAY FOREVER IN MY MEMORY (1997 - 2002)

If you had set that before rather than just low FPS I would have pointed you here -

Sticky: Problem? please READ THIS FIRST contains FIXES

--> Grey/Black Screen as game tries to start : Resolution/hz or Intel x3100 on win7 problem.

Your only options are to try different drivers (older revisions), even vista drives, and some of the intel drivers don't bomb out to grey on openGL fullscreen.

I have a gma 3100 laptop, and it gave me all kinds of problems, I think it was netradient that uses openGL and it would completely mess up the display when run if the windows compositor was on making it totally unusable but the preview openGL window worked, or if the compositor was off the application looked fine but the openGL windows needed to see the map were totally grey. Or the other way around, I forget now.

Either way, it's a bad graphics card with even worse drivers, sorry.

Junior Member IronFighter is on a distinguished road
    It happens to me too, Windows Vista Home, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6750 @2.66 GHz, RAM 4 GB, 32 bit system, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, mouse Logitech G9X, All drivers up to date. when I make it full screen, FPS drops between 50 and 70. Same mouse I used it at home, it was working awsome.

+ Reply to Thread