+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sampler Matches Updated - 1-Flag CTF

*sml411
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    The first day the skill matching will be terrible as everyone starts with the same skillrating for the new gametype.
    What does skill matching have to do with anything? It auto shuffles at the very beginning and that's it so 100 people leave and join negating the whole thing and away we go. Or somebody votes for shuffle 100 times and can't get it to pass. By one vote! They need to either fix shuffle or remove it. Leaving it the way it is makes for a horrible experience for everybody. All the voting and people don't believe in it because if it does pass vote they want to do it a few times to get a "good" shuffle. They think its random.

So what are you talking about skill match?

2 fun matches in 12 and it freezes after every match. I have to quit then re-enter to join a match, sucks.
    Last edited by sml411; 07-05-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Junior Member garett is an unknown quantity at this point
    you won't let me do what i want, quakelive, so **** off.

Junior Member Beteigeuze is on a distinguished road
    all of the newer gametypes are pretty good, but this is useless as long as you can't find any games for it. only sampler servers offer te opportunity to play them even for premium users like me, because there are not not enough premium/pro accounts. seen any a&d or harvesteror domination games lately ?

*an00bis86
    Quote Originally Posted by EVeares View Post
    Something is wrong with this game, why is callvote teamsize disabled?

I can see not being able to change the map on a sampler, but not being able to make the teamsize bigger is a bit stupid!
    All of the Sampler servers have had teamsize disabled -- this is nothing new. AFAIK, the suggested size of the teams is usually based on the size of the map anyways. I don't see why you would want to make the teamsize bigger on a map like Fallout Bunker. Can you imagine trying to play it with 8 v 8? Good luck ever capturing the flag, let alone holding onto it for more than a few seconds. :P

*an00bis86
    Quote Originally Posted by Beteigeuze View Post
    all of the newer gametypes are pretty good, but this is useless as long as you can't find any games for it. only sampler servers offer te opportunity to play them even for premium users like me, because there are not not enough premium/pro accounts. seen any a&d or harvesteror domination games lately ?
    You're just perpetuating the vicious cycle -- there are no games because everyone refuses to join an empty server and wait a few minutes for others. Plus, you could try inviting people to the game too, or posting about it on the forums/IRC, which would populate it faster too.

Senior Member Raz0rblade is on a distinguished road Raz0rblade's Avatar
    Funny gametype but they should have picked a better map.

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Fun. I'm not a huge ctf fan, but I'm really enjoying this variant. Not so far to run with the flag, unless you take it to the wrong base (polishes shiny new award)...

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    gotta say the idea of samplers is nice, but at least choose appropriate maps for the modes you offer?

like 1flagctf ... use something like industrial accident or another map that is NEVER played on prem, but not one that is over in 3 seconds.. dont tease with the content, use it while ur at it imo.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    falout bunker is borderline for 1fctf idd But it's fun. If you actually have players understanding the gametype it's ok. But with clueless people (trying to play normal ctf) it's a matter of a few minutes.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member system_ is on a distinguished road system_'s Avatar
    bring back domination samplers k thx

+ Reply to Thread