+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sampler Matches Updated - 1-Flag CTF

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

Sampler Matches Updated - 1-Flag CTF

It's Monday at the QUAKE LIVE Headquarters, and two weeks elapsed, which means we've updated the Sampler Matches!

1-Flag CTF returns from the original Quake 3 expansion pack Team Arena. A neutral flag spawns in the middle of the arena. Teams must pick up the flag, and deliver it to the enemy's flag stand. Two wrinkles are added compared to normal Capture The Flag: the ability to throw the flag a long distance instead of dropping it in front of you (look for the prompt below the flag icon on the HUD when you're holding the flag!) and the ability for flags to be boosted by jump pads and teleported when touching portals.

As always, the Sampler servers are available in limited capacity, so look for matches named "1-Flag CTF Sampler" and enjoy!

Junior Member Wingblader is on a distinguished road
    i think that the fallout bunker wasn't the best idea... if there is selected f.e. Overlord, i think servers will be overheated in first 10 minutes of being online 8-)
    Last edited by Wingblader; 07-03-2012 at 02:21 AM. Reason: mistakes

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingblader View Post
    i think that the fallout bunker wasn't the best idea... if there is selected f.e. Overlord, i think servers will be overheated in first 10 minutes of being online 8-)
    I think the idea is to keep it fast and furious, or at the very least keep the bandwidth down on sending people the new map if they're not already a subscriber. The first day the skill matching will be terrible as everyone starts with the same skillrating for the new gametype.

I've already had some very good games with lots of holy**** and tons of back and forth.

Most players realise fairly quickly when they've got it wrong and they're not supposed to take the flag back to their OWN base.

Though that did result in a truly classic moment where one player on my team was sat on the flag stand in our base trying to cap for 30 seconds, before an enemy ran in, killed him, grabbed the flag from an inch away from capping, and high tailed it all the way back to his own base where I got to kill him and cap

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Cool change.

Lol pretty EZ mod. Need some very strong teams with good and organized strategies for an interesting match in this gametype.
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

*froby
    it's a cool change indeed
    I think you are allowed to learn more thanks to this instead on the norman CTF
    noobs can improve better (no guard, damage bonuses)
    :-)

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Fallout Bunker is a good CTF map, underrated imo and it's pretty fun in 1 flag too. Matches are quick so there's not much waiting time. It's possible to cap in just a few seconds, but that's not always the best approach if the other team have stacked in the mean time

It would be nice to have a 1 Flag Show cup between some good CTF teams...
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Member EVeares is on a distinguished road
    Something is wrong with this game, why is callvote teamsize disabled?

I can see not being able to change the map on a sampler, but not being able to make the teamsize bigger is a bit stupid!

Junior Member TourianTourist is on a distinguished road
    Well, it's definitely more fun than Harvester.

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Vigilanteville, Moderation State, The World.
    Fun... I was expecting it to be a pale imitation of vanilla CTF, but with good teams it can actually lead to some pretty interesting tactics. There's always the choice to be made when spawning of whether to grab weapons and stack-up, run back to base for some mg action to prevent a cap or go wait in the middle for a quick return cap to negate the previous score.

Also, I've seen some awesome rocket combos on defence (and done a few myself).

Agree with Doc, it'd be nice to see some high-level games with people on comms.

Junior Member xXTheSlasherXx is on a distinguished road
    my favorite is playing instactf. . If u want to be my friend, u can.

+ Reply to Thread