+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Banning multiple accounts

Senior Member EvilSuperman is on a distinguished road EvilSuperman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    tired of seeing? can you even list one player you know for sure is doing that?
    I could name about 15 players on Australian servers that do this,but you are not allowed to name people on the forums.
    this is a huge problem in Aus,constantly having pros (or at least players of a much higher skill or even hackers) making alt accounts to play T3.
    yet if you mention it you are abused by the t4 players for being a whiner and told that the only way to learn to play Quake is to play people that are skilled much higher then you.

all Quake need to do is put in place an email verification or perhaps give new accounts 20 or so practice games to wad through to get to the servers.this would stop most slumming.

Banned DeathPizza is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilSuperman View Post
    I could name about 15 players on Australian servers that do this,but you are not allowed to name people on the forums.
    this is a huge problem in Aus,constantly having pros (or at least players of a much higher skill or even hackers) making alt accounts to play T3.
    yet if you mention it you are abused by the t4 players for being a whiner and told that the only way to learn to play Quake is to play people that are skilled much higher then you.

all Quake need to do is put in place an email verification or perhaps give new accounts 20 or so practice games to wad through to get to the servers.this would stop most slumming.

Man If I lived in Australia I would not be playing quake lol thats for sure.

Senior Member Artaneius is on a distinguished road
    A big reason why most veteran Quake players including myself don't have much sympathy for new players when it comes to this is simply because when Quake and UT was in their prime we had to deal with even worse conditions. There was no matchmaking system at all. You lost EVERY single game until you got better. If you were average, you were in the middle of the scoreboard, if you were bad you were at the bottom, and if you were good you were always at or near the top every single match you played. The only reason why this is no longer a feasible model for online games anymore is because other games used matchmaking systems to make sure lesser skilled players are coddled away from the reality that if you suck you deserve to lose forever until you get better.

Another reason is that QL's population is so low that there is really no point in investing the time and money to put in a more successful matchmaking system. QL is run by a team of two guys. Two guys even if provided the funds would have an extremely hard time implementing any of these kind of changes.

Not to mention QL was suppose to be just a "rebirth" of Quake. When a company listens to mostly just the veterans who mostly just want the same game over and over again. Of course there's going to be very little changes to how the game functions. As far as the veterans are concerned since they had to deal with losing all the time until they got better, new players of today should do the same thing. It's called paying your dues and that is in all forms of life.

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    Your points are well taken. But fall on deaf ears. I have said this many times as far as the way it was in the past. If only the new players learned that if they get good at this,the other FPS games will come easy. To tell you the truth, after 14 years I am still trying at this game. Maybe this is only a "Veterans" game where change will not be tolerated?
    Last edited by lowlife1; 02-16-2014 at 08:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread