+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Banning multiple accounts

Senior Member crogeek is on a distinguished road crogeek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by d3lph1c View Post
    Im not for it to bann multiple accounts. Cause I can understand if someone has for example 2 accounts. 1 for insta gametypes and 1 for the "all weapons"-gametypes. And why? Cause, ID cant distinguish insta ffa and "all weapons"-ffa. And thats annoying and needless. I am for example in tier 4, cause of insta ffa. When I would play "all weapons"-ffa from beginning without insta ffa, I am sure, I would be only tier 3 there. That means not, that I have 2 accounts. But when I would know it from the beginning of quake live, I would have 2 accounts!
    Ok to having 2 but having a 10-20 or even 30 ? -
    Even I am against 2 accounts (which is a absolute limit for one user of this game) because it should be 1 user = 1 account and that's it.
    I am against tier slummering (when new account joins on t4 FFA server and it does a tier slummer then)
    There's no better place than (127.0.0.1) HOME. . .

QUAKE 2 INSTAGIB WILL STAY FOREVER IN MY MEMORY (1997 - 2002)

Junior Member thegodsarefair is on a distinguished road
    I think they should tighten up on this, new players join supposed t3 servers to start, have seen many new players quit and not return.
    Check stats after match, troll shooting at 40plus percent, 17 kills 3 deaths. I sledge them they quit out and ten minutes later they are back with a new account same style same ping signature. I admit to 2 accounts so i could join a clan and not give up my main clan tag, would happily cancel second account if it meant that trolling would come to an end...

Senior Member crogeek is on a distinguished road crogeek's Avatar
    That can be seen also on FFA in many occasions. Especially duelers are doing that.
    There's no better place than (127.0.0.1) HOME. . .

QUAKE 2 INSTAGIB WILL STAY FOREVER IN MY MEMORY (1997 - 2002)

Banned xir is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xir
    herc - tabernak_/vermillion_/shemale_/obama12/hamachi_kama/herc01, etc, etc etc,
    incubus - amotive/bleed_/feint/incubeast/power/systemic/ted_, etc etc etc etc
    sav1or - shaggy/dummkopf/kev1n//_k_c_/skz/rzm/kevin_, etc etc etc

and countless of others

i usually respect your judgement yakumo, but to insist that noone is doing this is borderling trolling. And for a moderator of your status that is really unfortunate
    detlew - was creating several new accounts daily for ban evasion, doesn't exactly count in this context they were simply a persistent cheat, haven't heard of them in months I figure they got bored or maybe even id implemented some kind of client tagging that actually stopped him.

herc - ok sure the stats look similar, but other than 'herc' the others listed haven't been touched for either 24 days or 2 months. so pretty irrelevant

user, then suspected alias's last game time listed:

herc - 2 months, 2 months, 2 months, 24 days, 24 days, doesn't exist

incubus - 8 days, 12 months, 4 months, zero games played, doesn't exist, doesn't exist

sav1or (not played in 19 days themselves) then - 0 games, 5 days, 0 games, doesn't exist, doesn't exist, BANNED 13 months ago, 0 games.

So in your examples you've theoretically identified 2 users with one having maybe 5 accounts... that are not in use.
    and sav1or... ??

I'm sorry but that's hardly a convincing argument for legions of pro duellers running "10-20-30 or more accounts"

The terms do still say no more than two accounts per user, you are free to report people you suspect of having more through the same support system used for reporting any other service abuse. I've witnessed such players on IRC a few times being told to select the accounts they want to keep and the others have been removed, or blocked from use.

It's a free online game and people can change IP's and get infinite free email addresses to sign up with, unless they implement some kind of client tagging there is nothing they can do about this, and even that would be defeated by having multiple machines (home/work/friends place/lan party).

I think much like many false accusations for cheats however a lot of the accused are simply not the same person in the first place.
    i forgot to add some more recent ones

incubus; diggernick, joggingturtle, strongback, parabola_, system1c

They just go from one alt account to another so the abandonment excuse isn't really relevant. especially since they still log into some of those accounts.

the following explains it for you:
    http://imgur.com/a/w4Wk5#2
    http://imgur.com/a/ZACE3#0
    http://imgur.com/a/5zqCS

if thats' acceptable behavior than that would explain why ctf died in na. Have you tried reporting him yet? What did Syncerror say?

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    of all the worries ql has, you worry bout getting more people banned for nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    of all the worries ql has, you worry bout getting more people banned for nonsense.
    someone with 2-4 accounts in their lifetime playing ql (3 years) is not a big deal, but players who make multiple accounts every month to bypass the system and farm tier 1 servers is pretty detrimental to the playerbase and chases a lot of new players out of the game. That's a big problem too.

If they weren't getting destroyed they'd stick around longer resulting in more premium account holders. Guys like incubus have done a lot of damage in NA on ctf servers. Just ask around. Other abusive players have been banned for that behavior, but incubus, despite being the worst culprit, doesn't...

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    its no secret certain users on this forum have tons of accounts, they will never ban all of them.
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post
    its no secret certain users on this forum have tons of accounts, they will never ban all of them.
    ya but every user in this game isn't doing this:
    http://www.quakelive.com/#!profile/m...9031fd90/ctf/1

you may notice his 88% rg and 66 rail kills

Junior Member BoLyDuDe is on a distinguished road
    I'm in total agreement about alt accounts-everytime I play nowadays there are 1250 elo players, obviously alt accounts starfeing round the maps at warp speed, hitting high accuracies.
    You also get like mentioned above, having a good nice even game, then 1 or 2 join and rip through the field - I think lots of genuine new players join for a bit, then quit the game, alot to do with the alt account players.
    I know Quake has a very steep learning curve, but all these alt accounts cannot be helping player numbers, and thats what Quake needs, more new players, more interest to help keep the game alive.
    I only have 1 account and have thought about opening a second account as my stats don't reflect my current level, but I'm all for sticking it out and trying very hard to get my stats up.
    I can see that I'm getting better through the standard rotation-not playing a map for 4 months, then playing it again and doing much better.
    Surely there must be a way to ban these accounts - they are spoiling the game for ALOT of players.
    I even thought yesterday that I might quit the game cos I always struggle to get a balanced game unless I soley use my friends list.
    What does everyone else think about the current situation, are you guys having the same problems?

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    I do recall a player getting unbanned because he brother hacked
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

+ Reply to Thread