+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Banning multiple accounts

  1. #11
    Senior Member crogeek is on a distinguished road crogeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    somewhere in east Croatia
    Posts
    693
    Another example:
    http://www.quakelive.com/#!profile/summary/23fev
    New and fresh account and he's/she's playing pro - there's no way that new comers can play in that kind of way.
    I am sick and tired of seeing this kind of examples.
    Constantly I see that tier slummers are creating dozens of accounts only for one purpose - to do tier slum.
    It should be awesome to see some kind of protection against creating massively amounts of accounts only for this named purpose.
    There's no better place than (127.0.0.1) HOME. . .
    ____________________________________________

    QUAKE 2 INSTAGIB WILL STAY FOREVER IN MY MEMORY (1997 - 2002)

  2. #12
    *DrugAbjuzer
    Guest
    Cro, zivota ti, o`ladi malo Igraj, uzivaj i nauci da gubis od boljih. Cak i na serveru koji ti spawnujes.

  3. #13
    Senior Member crogeek is on a distinguished road crogeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    somewhere in east Croatia
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by DrugAbjuzer View Post
    Cro, zivota ti, o`ladi malo Igraj, uzivaj i nauci da gubis od boljih. Cak i na serveru koji ti spawnujes.
    I don't understand bosnian language - write english please.
    There's no better place than (127.0.0.1) HOME. . .
    ____________________________________________

    QUAKE 2 INSTAGIB WILL STAY FOREVER IN MY MEMORY (1997 - 2002)

  4. #14
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by crogeek View Post
    I don't understand bosnian language - write english please.
    From translating I get "Cro, Your life, the little ladi `Play, enjoy and learn to better than you lose. Even on the server that you spawnujes." so I think it might be something like "Get better" lol

  5. #15
    Senior Member crogeek is on a distinguished road crogeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    somewhere in east Croatia
    Posts
    693
    I don't get still - Google Translator doesn't work. Neither I don't care what he/she says.
    Stick with the topic not posting offtopic words.
    There's no better place than (127.0.0.1) HOME. . .
    ____________________________________________

    QUAKE 2 INSTAGIB WILL STAY FOREVER IN MY MEMORY (1997 - 2002)

  6. #16
    *DrugAbjuzer
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crogeek View Post
    I don't get still...
    You still don't get it.

    Roughly translated:
    Cro, chill out! Injoy the game and learn how to deal with loss. Even on your own server.

    See, not offensive at all. And in Serbian. The savage language of multiple accounts creators.

    spawnujes = to spawn 2.p.sg.

  7. #17
    *Jummper
    Guest
    I'll second this thread! I know of three people with over 10 accounts and as many as 20, some for slumming some just to have and some for stalking. I wont name names because it's not the place here to do so, but it does happen. The best way to solve this though would be to have an account verification system that I'm surprised is not already instituted. Heck I've been on some lousy forums boards that nobody should give to carps about that have it so your email has to be verified but you can create a QL account without a valid email which is the means with which you log in. Granted it's not going to stop them from making more than 2 accounts because email addresses are freely obtained, but to go and create one to create and account and then verify it are extra steps that might keep some of these alt accounts down.

    It's an issue, but how much of a problem is only known by those who can track this stuff.

  8. #18
    Senior Member crogeek is on a distinguished road crogeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    somewhere in east Croatia
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by DrugAbjuzer View Post
    You still don't get it.

    Roughly translated:
    Cro, chill out! Injoy the game and learn how to deal with loss. Even on your own server.

    See, not offensive at all. And in Serbian. The savage language of multiple accounts creators.

    spawnujes = to spawn 2.p.sg.
    I am enjoying on my servers and I am not playing for stats, for wins, for looses - I am playing for fun.
    It's difference to comparing me and you. So don't try to doing that, it's waste of your time.
    Come to my spawned FFA T4 DE servers those days if you don't play for stats.
    There's no better place than (127.0.0.1) HOME. . .
    ____________________________________________

    QUAKE 2 INSTAGIB WILL STAY FOREVER IN MY MEMORY (1997 - 2002)

  9. #19
    Member d3lph1c is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    76
    Im not for it to bann multiple accounts. Cause I can understand if someone has for example 2 accounts. 1 for insta gametypes and 1 for the "all weapons"-gametypes. And why? Cause, ID cant distinguish insta ffa and "all weapons"-ffa. And thats annoying and needless. I am for example in tier 4, cause of insta ffa. When I would play "all weapons"-ffa from beginning without insta ffa, I am sure, I would be only tier 3 there. That means not, that I have 2 accounts. But when I would know it from the beginning of quake live, I would have 2 accounts!

  10. #20
    Senior Member crogeek is on a distinguished road crogeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    somewhere in east Croatia
    Posts
    693
    Quote Originally Posted by Jummper View Post
    I'll second this thread! I know of three people with over 10 accounts and as many as 20, some for slumming some just to have and some for stalking. I wont name names because it's not the place here to do so, but it does happen. The best way to solve this though would be to have an account verification system that I'm surprised is not already instituted. Heck I've been on some lousy forums boards that nobody should give to carps about that have it so your email has to be verified but you can create a QL account without a valid email which is the means with which you log in. Granted it's not going to stop them from making more than 2 accounts because email addresses are freely obtained, but to go and create one to create and account and then verify it are extra steps that might keep some of these alt accounts down.

    It's an issue, but how much of a problem is only known by those who can track this stuff.
    It's easy to obtain free e-mail address. There are TONS of e-mail web providers. Just this system of logging should be different or it should have verification system as you mentioned here.
    Problem is that people are massively exploiting TOS of this game - and that's absolute a break of a laws of the game.
    Breaking of law is a major concern/issue. This problem should be resolved because I am seeing constantly that people with very high skill (duelers especially) with freshly new accounts and they usually are doing mess then on servers.
    And there's no way that new comer can play on this kind of way. No way.
    There's no better place than (127.0.0.1) HOME. . .
    ____________________________________________

    QUAKE 2 INSTAGIB WILL STAY FOREVER IN MY MEMORY (1997 - 2002)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts