+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CA Server list

*kadle

CA Server list

Is the server marked with an arrow a public server?

qlservers.gif

If it isn't, then suppose that the servers inside the red rectangle were not there, then the server marked with an arrow, would be above and adjacent to a public server with the same description "CA". If it isn't a public server, then how do you tell the difference between a public server and the non-public server?

Best Regards
    Kadle

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kadle View Post
    Is the server marked with an arrow a public server?
    it is

I dont know what u understand for "public" but at least all the matches on ur screenshot are "public".

A real private server is those who have restrictions like password or when only invited ppl is able to join.

Those servers who has customized names like "STNR zegh" or "UFA Cactus_Y2J" they just were started by an user/player (Prem or Pro account) but they still public.
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

*kadle
    With public I mean 'a server that is not created by any single player, but by the quakelive framework'. If it is created by a player, then it is not a normal public server impov, because the owner of the server can do stuff, that can't be done on a real public server.

Best Regards
    Kadle
    --
    Smileys are implied.
    Last edited by kadle; 06-29-2012 at 04:37 AM.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Arrows and checkmarks only mean the server is ranked. Pro spawned servers can be ranked. You can know a server has been spawned by a player when it has his name.

*kadle
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    Arrows and checkmarks only mean the server is ranked. Pro spawned servers can be ranked. You can know a server has been spawned by a player when it has his name.
    But the forum news claim that all the top servers are pro/premium servers. As you can see in the screenshot, the server I am asking about is called "CA" and it is listed above some servers that are clearly premium/pro servers. So - is it a bug or?

Best Regards
    Kadle

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    As far as I know pro-spawned servers are not always on top. They are given an higher priority but there are other factors which may have put your non-player-spawned-CA server over.

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    Pro-spawned matches are always spawned with the player's name as the match name. Without being able to see it live I can't say why that public CA server is higher up.

*kadle
    I figured it might be hosted by the player named CA - but I haven't got access to your logs, and it looks like the player named CA has been inactive for 6 months.

Anyways, in the mp games where I have been a part of the dev-team, player names like (if it was quake) CA, FFA, CTF, DUEL, etc, would not be allowed to avoid misuse.

*an00bis86
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    As far as I know pro-spawned servers are not always on top. They are given an higher priority but there are other factors which may have put your non-player-spawned-CA server over.
    What he said; anyways, why does it matter? I fail to see what the point of this thread is. Also, a simple check would reveal that the player CA can't spawn a server, because they are a standard player. Case closed.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    Pro-spawned matches are always spawned with the player's name as the match name. Without being able to see it live I can't say why that public CA server is higher up.
    What if someone is named "CA", or "CTF", or "FreezeTag" and they spawned a server in the appropriate game type? You'd have no idea that they were spawned servers :-)

+ Reply to Thread