+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Keyboards?

*kadle
    I guess some of us agrees that some of the older IBM keyboard models rock.

I've had trouble with keys getting stuck on the 6Gv2 too, but I removed the keys in question, cleaned the key and keyboard. Problem solved. The problem was probably caused by spilled soda containing lots of sugar. I do agree that steelseries 6Gv2 is not the best keyboard, but it is IMHO the best keyboard you can expect to be available at your std computer store.

Use ps/2 for your keyboard. No reason to waste an usb slot.

Best Regards
    Kadle

*kadle
    Quote Originally Posted by intheway View Post
    "Using the USB connection will limit the N-key Rollover function"
    And it will consume more processing power than the ps/2 port.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    I've had my 7g for a year now, not sure what you guys with fading letters and failing keys have been doing but I play on mine to death and it's all fine.

I love the concept of the never fade inlaid plastic keys you can get now, but I won't be buying another keyboard any time soon.

*kadle
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    not sure what you guys with fading letters and failing keys have been doing but I play on mine to death and it's all fine.
    I did nothing but play quake as I usually do. The letters started to fade (the letters on the keys bound to movement) within 2 days - none of these are are "asdw".

Then I played Dues Ex, and the asdw started to fade after 2 days.

I've had lots of keyboards, and I have never experienced letters fading (most never fade/disappear) as fast as with my 6Gv2. Not even on the cheapest of the cheapest keyboards have I experienced this. It's no big deal to me, as I know where the letters are (I don't look at the keyboard when I type), but it may matter to others.

Best Regards
    Kadle

EDIT: I would prefer that the letters didn't disappear though.
    --
    Smileys are implied.
    Last edited by kadle; 06-29-2012 at 07:03 AM.

Senior Member barbarossa is on a distinguished road barbarossa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kadle View Post
    EDIT: I would prefer that the letters didn't disappear though.
    Das Keyboard - Cherry MX Blue mechanical key switches and never fading letters!

[edit] even if it has got some
    Last edited by barbarossa; 06-29-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    drunk member of drunk clan obviously drunk, lacking any accuracy

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarossa View Post
    Das Keyboard - Cherry MX Blue mechanical key switches and never fading letters
    Not having letters doesn't count
    Other Das keyobards have non fade letters though, and their blog shows the different systems you can look for http://www.daskeyboard.com/blog/?page_id=1458

*kadle
    Thanx for info on keyboards (I didn't create the thread though). I can always use another keyboard

Banned jigglywiggly is on a distinguished road jigglywiggly's Avatar
    no it won't make a difference
    however for typing yeah it does
    feels better
    won't make you faster
    using cherry mx red

Senior Member barbarossa is on a distinguished road barbarossa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Other Das keyobards have non fade letters though, and their blog shows the different systems you can look for http://www.daskeyboard.com/blog/?page_id=1458
    I knew that

but I thought digging about this kb is always educating and sometimes entertaining
    Last edited by barbarossa; 06-29-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    drunk member of drunk clan obviously drunk, lacking any accuracy

Banned DCR is on a distinguished road
    I have a thermaltake meka keyboard (kb-mek007) that i dont use but its kinda neat that keys are activated once buttons are pressed down about half way. So a keyboard that would detect a key stroke by mere simple touch and no pressing down, would be absolutely mental.
    So if there's a list of keyboard with any such fast switches that be worth a read.
    I think the meka (one i got) is ok but simply dont use it because its behaviour is the same as that of sidewinder x6 and sidewinder is much more comfortable for pretty much all sorts of use. Not just gaming.

+ Reply to Thread