+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning about joining random pro duel servers.

Senior Member theMolester is on a distinguished road theMolester's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos252 View Post
    this is also a problem on ffa servers. happens about once a day for me. 2 ppl will be in a server and want to play in warmup. they will kick all who join. the only way around is to keep joining until a few more ppl show up at once and they cant kick. ive even seen whole rooms filled with 6 or 7 ppl just playing in warmup who will kick those who join. when you only have one or 2 servers to join this becomes extremely annoying.
    Wow, are you serious dude?

So, instead of letting the people in the server do what they want, you force them to do what you want? Are people not allowed to practice together? Can you not just look at it as a server you don't want to play in, and join the other servers available to you?

More importantly, can you explain how it is you only have 1 or 2 servers you can join?
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar

Thumbs up

Pro server owners can do what they like on their server including kicking people just because they feel like it (which is fair enough,they did pay for the privilage)
    Whether this meets moral obligations of fairness is debatable......simple answer is,unless you know the server admin don`t join duel or team games on private spawned servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Member Amalik is on a distinguished road Amalik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theMolester View Post

So, instead of letting the people in the server do what they want, you force them to do what you want? Are people not allowed to practice together? Can you not just look at it as a server you don't want to play in, and join the other servers available to you?

More importantly, can you explain how it is you only have 1 or 2 servers you can join?
    I have a pro membership, and if my friends and I just want to practice privately then I'll start a private server. If you want to do that kind of thing, then buy pro yourself. Public servers are public servers, and if you can't get with the program then you probably deserve to get kicked yourself. Heaps of times I've been kicked from FFA servers by scrubs, or joined duel servers and gone from in queue to ingame to be greeted with some idiot who won't rup because his friend is back in queue... in instances like that I can recognize the futility and just leave, but if you want to be a total dick and kick strangers, then either get a pro sub or GTFO!

As for the thread, I've never had any bad experiences on private servers... And tbh, I'm kinda annoyed that you can't use addscore anymore in pro servers because of some UK scrub that abused it to farm elo.
    I'll grin and bear it so long as they don't fix the 3+ person duel bug, because that bug is amazing!
    Last edited by Amalik; 06-27-2012 at 03:27 AM.
    iQ AdraMaliK

Senior Member pwnstar is on a distinguished road pwnstar's Avatar
    Didnt use addscore, he just got blasted 30-0 only to move the opponent to spec in the last 10 secs.
    Addscore would have been a better idea tbh at least then it wouldnt have been so blatant on paper

Senior Member chaos252 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by theMolester View Post

very serious. do what they want? these are public servers, not practice servers. i dont mind playing in warmup, they kick without warning anyone who joins for no reason. quake live has a small community often there is only 1 or 2 NA ffa servers. im not going to play a gametype i dont want to play just because 2 people want to practice and kick everyone out. any other questions you would like me to answer?
    Last edited by chaos252; 06-27-2012 at 04:37 AM.

In this case its just democratic process I'm afraid. If the majority wants you gone theres not really a lot you can do (short of just waiting for them to ready then rejoining and slaughtering them all ofc...).
    The power of referees to kick in-play is important and cant just be done away with, the question is where do you draw the line. I defy anybody to justify farming wins by kicking players.
    As I said before this has been going on for a while and players need to be wise to it, it should also be banworthy if proven imho.

Member Amalik is on a distinguished road Amalik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iNsT View Post
    Didnt use addscore, he just got blasted 30-0 only to move the opponent to spec in the last 10 secs.
    Addscore would have been a better idea tbh at least then it wouldnt have been so blatant on paper
    you can still see if they've used addscore, it adds to the SCORE, not the frag count. So you'll still see how many actual frags were made in stats.
    iQ AdraMaliK

Quote Originally Posted by adramalik View Post
    you can still see if they've used addscore, it adds to the SCORE, not the frag count. So you'll still see how many actual frags were made in stats.
    Good point I hadnt thought of that.

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Something similar happened on a CA server. Some ********* kicked me out of a public ranked match to make room for a clanmate, earning me a quit in my profile. No warning or anything.
    Public server or his own server? I don't think that pro subscribers can kick people in public servers...
    So just join those lol.

Senior Member theMolester is on a distinguished road theMolester's Avatar
    Again, a server with people wanting to practice is the same as a full server. I know not everyone does, but we always ASK people to abide (because we're not scrubs) before kicking.

BTW, I DO HAVE a PRO account, and that doesn't stop people from interfering. From flooding the server till they get what they want, to vote-kicking the person who started the server. Sure, I could set it to private, but then people who I don't know can't join, and I enjoy people coming in wanting to participate and learn.

In this game, as in life, reputations are built. People who abuse powers given to them will get a bad reputation. And as has been said, you can always submit demos to support if you feel there is wrong-doing.

So YOU should get a PRO account or GTFO.
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

+ Reply to Thread