+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning about joining random pro duel servers.

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road

Warning about joining random pro duel servers.

I advise people not to ever join a server that is Pro in duel unless they trust the person hosting it.

There are some jokers going around (at least one) who will kick you in the last minute if you're beating them and it comes up as a win for them.

I looked at his history and he keeps doing this. He is an awful player and yet started cursing like a maniac when I was destroying him, I kept silent and then he waited until almost the last minute and then kicked me.

It shouldn't be possible to kick players in game. 99% of the time this is abused. I have seen very few cheaters recently, the policy of banning them on sight is working.

I suppose this is not even against the rules and he will continue to do this to other unsuspecting people?
    Last edited by quakestreme; 06-26-2012 at 01:57 PM.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

Senior Member Raz0rblade is on a distinguished road Raz0rblade's Avatar
    Well its his server so he can do on it what he want. However its not cool i agree. I dont think every pro-membership player is this way

Senior Member runny is on a distinguished road
    shame some people have no morals ;/

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    It shouldn't be possible to kick players in game.
    Don't even get me started...

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    They should deserve a permban. But ofcourse, they shouldn't allow kicking ingame, in duels.
    Kicks ingame in other gamemodes are good. Keep servers clean from idiots rejoining.
    The root of the problem lies in the fact that now you can buy your power.

I knew a game which hads moderators ingame to keep the games clean, those were selected by loyalty n stuff. You know what I mean. Now you have those moderators, except that you only need to pay to have it. That's where the abuse starts.
    Only problem is to get moderators in such a large game. That other game had like a community of about 300-500 people I think.

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    Abusing bugs is most certainly against the rules, so submit a demo or whatever you have to support@quakelive.com to take action against this player.

Senior Member pwnstar is on a distinguished road pwnstar's Avatar
    This has been going on for time immemorial and this isnt the first time its been brought up here.
    One of these clowns got well into the uk top 20 by doing nothing but this, please fix.

*kadle
    Why must anyone submit demos about this? Quakelive can automatically scan it's own match database and automatically take appropriate action (ban, email, etc).

I haven't bothered with quakelive duels.

Before quakelive 1 in 20 left the duel if they thought they wouldn't win. And of the ones that were better than you, the same percentage would rather beat the opponent 10-0, than lower their playing style and get 10-8 or use the time teaching the lower skilled player to play better.

Best Regards
    Kadle
    Last edited by kadle; 06-27-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Something similar happened on a CA server. Some ********* kicked me out of a public ranked match to make room for a clanmate, earning me a quit in my profile. No warning or anything.

Senior Member chaos252 is on a distinguished road
    this is also a problem on ffa servers. happens about once a day for me. 2 ppl will be in a server and want to play in warmup. they will kick all who join. the only way around is to keep joining until a few more ppl show up at once and they cant kick. ive even seen whole rooms filled with 6 or 7 ppl just playing in warmup who will kick those who join. when you only have one or 2 servers to join this becomes extremely annoying.

+ Reply to Thread