+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idea!!!

*Opana

Idea!!!

PLEASE do something about teams. i love freezetag but its not fun 75% of the time because teams are never even. at least make it where if one team is a man up, the lowest scoring person goes spec and does not take a loss. Being one man down can make all the difference.

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    fixed shuffle and fixed voting should do it. this is a kinda bad idea because the lowest scoring person would be really pissed off and prolly quit anyway, because lowest score isnt very likely to change in FT.

when a vote ends it shouldnt automatically fail. if theres 10 people in the server and 5 voted yes, and 4 voted no, the vote should pass when the time limit is hit. would be so much better... and shuffle is just kinda messed up. i dont think it takes anything into account, and just moves a couple players around.

*Opana
    not so much shuffle, im talking about teams being even. then some d bag will just go ahead and join. they should make it where teams have to be even at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Opana View Post
    not so much shuffle, im talking about teams being even. then some d bag will just go ahead and join. they should make it where teams have to be even at all times.
    yeah, and tons of ideas have been suggested. my personal favorite:

spectator slots, and force-spec when people join and teams are even. a shuffle should switch up teams based on each player's k/d ratio in the last match, along with their score, and do the math from there. then, if one team is uneven by 1 person, the next person to connect goes to that team, and if the teams are even, the next person to connect is force-spec'd until another person joins. then they are added to the teams, where first person to connect goes to blue, or the team thats losing, and the other person goes to the other team. its honestly pretty flawless...

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    FreezeTag DevPick servers are unrestricted. This means there can be 3 pros and 9 absolute beginners on a server. The only way to "fix" it is not making anyone spectate or whatever. It is to buy premium subscription and play on properly ranked, skill-matched and skill-restricted servers :)

Another problem is actually FreezeTag itself - with PUs staying after round ends and no healing of players left, the game can be dominated by one team playing a CA-style "meet at RA and stay together", only without moving afterwards ;) If your team doesn't get that (controlling areas and items is unknown to most players, esp. coming from T2 CA/FFA), you can't win.

arent unranked servers actually ranked, as in they have sv_skillrating, but stats arent calculated and you cant "see" the tier? because ive been denied access to iGib servers before, saying that the server was reserved for lower skilled players. might be different after the release, but i think that unranked stuff should just have no impact on stats and still show a skill rating, because new players getting curbstomped is kinda detracting from the epicness that QL has... somewhere... if ya know what i mean.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Let me know if you see the difference between those two:
    unrestricted
    unranked

Quote Originally Posted by Diplodok View Post
    Let me know if you see the difference between those two:
    unrestricted
    unranked
    >: (

<this message is now 10 characters or more>

*Opana
    f it, lol. i will just subscribe. i mean come on, its QUAKE!

+ Reply to Thread