Closed Thread

Thread: banning and freezetag <-nice combo thread

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road

banning and freezetag <-nice combo thread

i want to be told why im banned, and when. on the forums its fine because i get to see the thread that i got banned for, as well as the post (in the email), but i got banned from the game and i wasnt told or warned or anything.

i logged in as gilchrist to play a couple games because i was invited, and that automatically logged me in as this account on the forums. i thought i was on this account when i posted my other thread. thats kind of a bug, since it always logs me out of the forums when i log into QL with a different account, which is kind of exclusive to me but its still pretty annoying.

and dowser, you know me; if something happens to me i get annoyed and do stupid stuff. so im sorry, but whatever. i might cut back

one more thing: we need FT like in q3, with auto-defrost after a certain amount of time, and after each round the winning team's weapons/armor/health reset.

the sig... is changed.

Senior Member Dowser is on a distinguished road Dowser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    the sig... is changed.
    Smart man.

I agree it would be nice to have more information regarding account discipline on the site. In fact, I'm surprised they don't just send you an email with some specifics when it happens.

Btw/fyi I'd bet your best shot at finding out why you were banned is to try and get SyncError's attention in IRC tomorrow during business hours.

Disclaimer: Don't be too surprised if this gets locked or something; we know how these sorts of threads tend to go from here. :\ Not my forum tho, so, glhf.
    Forum Rules || Forum Search || Forum Settings (your control panel) || Technical Support (sticky!) || How to Report a Bug
    “Read more, type less; whine less, play more.”
    Happy fragging!

Quote Originally Posted by Dowser View Post
    Smart man.

I agree it would be nice to have more information regarding account discipline on the site. In fact, I'm surprised they don't just send you an email with some specifics when it happens.

Btw/fyi I'd bet your best shot at finding out why you were banned is to try and get SyncError's attention in IRC tomorrow during business hours.

Disclaimer: Don't be too surprised if this gets locked or something; we know how these sorts of threads tend to go from here. :\ Not my forum tho, so, glhf.
    yeah the way forum infractions/bans are handled now is way better, but (i forget who) one of the mods was kind of a dick about it... anyway, yes, i really want to know why i was banned. its a weird kind of ban too, since people cant see it on my profile but there i am, being redirected to "www.quakelive.com/#banned". sorry for being an idiot in my other thread(s)... i get like that. too much.

i bet im the only one who actually gets banned and cares though, since the only other accounts (aside from triad and xtruder) that were banned were blatant hackers or some such.

also id like some feedback on the latter half of the OP, about freezetag. its really annoying how the team who wins the round gets to keep all their weapons and powerups etc., which makes it that much harder for the other team to come back. ofc this also applies to people with low health, in that they keep their low health even in the next round, but usually the OP part of the respawn-thing outweight the UP part. for example: someone can win a race to quad on dm11, and frag the last person on the other team, therefore winning the round, and then they keep quad for the rest of the 20+ seconds. that could pretty much win the next round or 2 as well, and its kinda unfair. also... spawn protection needs to go.

Senior Member Roxolana is on a distinguished road Roxolana's Avatar
    yeah the way forum infractions/bans are handled now is way better, but (i forget who) one of the mods was kind of a dick about it... anyway, yes, i really want to know why i was banned. its a weird kind of ban too, since people cant see it on my profile but there i am, being redirected to "www.quakelive.com/#banned". sorry for being an idiot in my other thread(s)... i get like that. too much.

i bet im the only one who actually gets banned and cares though, since the only other accounts (aside from triad and xtruder) that were banned were blatant hackers or some such.
    I'm guessing that Sync banned you for being a jerk here. So talk to him, like Dowser said, he might explain. I'm actually kind of surprised that you come here talking about your ban. Remember what I told you on PIP?
    Quote Originally Posted by xtruder View Post
    I have also made many friends when I go shooting pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxolana View Post
    I'm guessing that Sync banned you for being a jerk here. So talk to him, like Dowser said, he might explain. I'm actually kind of surprised that you come here talking about your ban. Remember what I told you on PIP?
    i doubt he would ban my playing account for something i did on the forums, and not ban my forum account or even give me an infraction. getting a response from sync is like getting a response from a brick wall by bashing your face against it: it wont happen. and why would you be surprised? you know me...

Senior Member Roxolana is on a distinguished road Roxolana's Avatar
    i doubt he would ban my playing account for something i did on the forums, and not ban my forum account or even give me an infraction. getting a response from sync is like getting a response from a brick wall by bashing your face against it: it wont happen. and why would you be surprised? you know me...
    Well if that is your opinion . . .

I'll email you.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtruder View Post
    I have also made many friends when I go shooting pixels.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxolana View Post
    Well if that is your opinion . . .

I'll email you.
    lol?

this post is now longer than 10 characters

Closed Thread