+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sampler Matches Updated - Harvester

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    There was an unrestricted match running for a short amount of time. This was a mistake and was corrected. We're currently running Sampler matches at Tier 1, and Tier 3.

Senior Member chaos252 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mr_Ed View Post
    So when this Harvester sampler first showed up, I could swear I saw 3 running -- a Tier 3, Tier 4 and an unrestricted one. At the time I was T3, so played there. I'm now T4, but can't find any of the other ones.

My first thought in seeing different levels available was "yeah! no more horribly mismatched teams with all skill levels!" But now that we're back to just 1 server that everyone can join, we're in the same boat again. Can we do something about the tiers in these sampler servers?
    please for the love of god. have tiered matches, and disable the "auto-shuffle". last night i was on a team of 5 and got the only kills. my teammates spent the entire match either machinegunning at me, at walls or the ground. also, the "auto-shuffle" paired up chibers, ninjabreadman and i.. with 3 200 ping teir 1 players from france. i understand it takes some time for the thing to adjust but.. wow.

Senior Member chaos252 is on a distinguished road
    ah my mistake.. maybe the teir 1 servers are full and the t3 ones get the overflow.

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos252 View Post
    ah my mistake.. maybe the teir 1 servers are full and the t3 ones get the overflow.
    probably. That was a rather silly shuffle though.
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Just an idea...but maybe this thread should be stickied and should replace the RR one?

EDIT: Done now, ignore.
    Last edited by Phlogiston; 06-22-2012 at 08:20 AM.

*Cubicar
    On the strength of the description, Wicked award (record a final score of 666 in Capture the Flag) can be earned only in CTF. It would be nice if it could be earned in HAR too.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubicar View Post
    On the strength of the description, Wicked award (record a final score of 666 in Capture the Flag) can be earned only in CTF. It would be nice if it could be earned in HAR too.
    I'd personally prefer it only in CTF as it might be easier/harder to do it in Harvester (I'm mainly thinking of "easier" as the answer, but I don't know how the scoring works in it :P)

If it's easier, it makes it less skillful to get the award

*Cubicar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I'd personally prefer it only in CTF as it might be easier/harder to do it in Harvester (I'm mainly thinking of "easier" as the answer, but I don't know how the scoring works in it :P)

If it's easier, it makes it less skillful to get the award
    Easier or harder - I don't know. It increases chance to get it, and IMO it is good, I have comleted 526 CTF matches, and I haven't yet earned it, many times I scored almost 666. And the idea of the award fits to the idea of the game type - at least I think so, english is not my native tongue.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubicar View Post
    Easier or harder - I don't know. It increases chance to get it, and IMO it is good, I have comleted 526 CTF matches, and I haven't yet earned it, many times I scored almost 666. And the idea of the award fits to the idea of the game type - at least I think so, english is not my native tongue.
    Yeah, I agree that it would fit it.
    Generally the easiest way to get it is by killing yourself many times after you get close to 666. That is how I got it. Sure it hurts your kill death ratio, but it's probably the easiest way to get it.

*MeKLiN
    I liek chees

+ Reply to Thread