+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sampler Matches Updated - Harvester

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

Sampler Matches Updated - Harvester

The sampler matches have been switched up again, this time to Harvester on Base Siege.

Harvester is a team-based game mode that hails from the original Team Arena release. Fragging the other team will cause a colored skull to emit from an obelisk located in the middle of the arena. Grabbing the enemy's skull, and running them to the enemy's base will score you a point for each skull captured. Grabbing your teammate's skulls will deny them from the enemy. The first team to reach 15 skulls captured is the winner!

As always, the Sampler servers are available in limited capacity, so look for matches named "Harvester Sampler" and enjoy!

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    a premium duel sampler server (aero, tox) should get more customers than harvester, don't you think.

Senior Member JustLOL is on a distinguished road JustLOL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YMCMB View Post
    a premium duel sampler server (aero, tox) should get more customers than harvester, don't you think.
    Good idea, actually. They can only profit from that, one sample server (especially duel) wouldn't detract anyone from buying premium/pro account.
    "Men no longer prefer blondes; today, gentlemen seem to prefer gentlemen."

*plazmakazmarz
    I bought team arena but could never have the chance to play this mode online!
    Last edited by plazmakazmarz; 06-19-2012 at 03:55 AM.

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    I know the servers are limited, but no North American servers? There were Dallas servers in the earlier ones which gave NA players access to the gametypes with a playable ping. That or they just haven't appeared yet.

Anyways, best of the five gametypes, doesn't get the love it deserves, nuff said.

(For European players, there is a Harvester pickup server known as #harpickup which you can use to get some games going - sadly it is not used that much, so here's some free advertising for them.)
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Finally!, good change! (well i hate Base Siege but w/e xD)
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

Junior Member CDRrules is on a distinguished road
    EmeraldTiger, there are Dallas servers. I just played two games on them.

Junior Member partisan is on a distinguished road
    Bring back redrover :-(

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    So when this Harvester sampler first showed up, I could swear I saw 3 running -- a Tier 3, Tier 4 and an unrestricted one. At the time I was T3, so played there. I'm now T4, but can't find any of the other ones.

My first thought in seeing different levels available was "yeah! no more horribly mismatched teams with all skill levels!" But now that we're back to just 1 server that everyone can join, we're in the same boat again. Can we do something about the tiers in these sampler servers?
    Any sufficiently skilled player is indistinguishable from a hacker (to paraphrase Arthur C Clarke)

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    I think they're always T3 servers Dr_Mr_Ed, always have been.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

+ Reply to Thread