+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MS cap on native servers?

*o0MonkeY0o

MS cap on native servers?

Im getin sick and tired of this magic 60ms bull**** After playing Insta for 2 rounds everyone in other opposite team is 60ms plus and impossible to hit. Everyone sub 60ms I can hit no problem.

also in before the big ego noobs who can hit everything no problem - tbfh we dont care about you

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Hey, it's not a problem of ping. Rather they get packet loss because of saturated uplink. Suggest to them upping maxpackets and enabling packetdup if they _really_ can't make their links better... Anyhow, kicking people for ping isn't the proper solution (because 60 ping is perfectly hittable if it's only high ping). Too bad QL doesn't show people's PL :)

*o0MonkeY0o
    Quote Originally Posted by Diplodok View Post
    Hey, it's not a problem of ping. Rather they get packet loss because of saturated uplink. Suggest to them upping maxpackets and enabling packetdup if they _really_ can't make their links better... Anyhow, kicking people for ping isn't the proper solution (because 60 ping is perfectly hittable if it's only high ping). Too bad QL doesn't show people's PL
    While i agree asking players to do this, Some are to arrogant and there needs to a be higher authority right this. While i understand ping is irrelevant, it in some case holds true. For example, players with 100+ will warp and teleport around a map, what what is there to stop this? it makes the gaming experience worse, especially when they refuse to listen.

What im suggesting isnt kicking players per-sa, its stoping players with obvious high pings connecting to a server thats further from thier location. Eg, im in UK, i'd rather play players who have stable, low response connections than, stable high response. 60ms is playable, but thats just a market ploy so QL can appeal to a wider audience :P

Also whats being done about on-the-fly packet manipulation? what im referring to is intentional warping, i know a few players who do this and works for them, maybe limited number of times you can change a cvar per map or session?

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    You cant stop players from connecting to a server. Not everyone has a wired connection. It is annoying though, just have to deal with it.
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

+ Reply to Thread