+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: tier drop

Member gencor is on a distinguished road

tier drop

so... how many crappy matches in a row does it take to drop a tier now so that you can play with friends?? someone pls remind me why I paid for this...
    Last edited by gencor; 06-03-2012 at 01:12 AM.
    May the lag be with you...

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    Pro players can spawn matches that are unrestricted, and your friends can always join up.

Member gencor is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    Pro players can spawn matches that are unrestricted, and your friends can always join up.
    I understand but it's not the same. Many times you want to join a match that is already in progress where a few friends are already playing. I have no issues with adjusting handicap values if I'm dominating rounds (which almost never happens anyway)
    May the lag be with you...

Senior Member CeeLoGreen is on a distinguished road
    gen you have a point that the devs could possibly look at.

Anyone can join any server, and your handicap could possibly be moved up or down according to the skill rating of the server/ or based on opposing teams combined skill rating.

Doubt it will be done, but Im sure SOME programmer could muster up a way to make it happen

*sgnl
    Make friends in your tier? J/k...

Senior Member BIMNUTZ is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeLoGreen View Post

Anyone can join any server, and your handicap could possibly be moved up or down according to the skill rating of the server/ or based on opposing teams combined skill rating.

Doubt it will be done, but Im sure SOME programmer could muster up a way to make it happen
    Man I suggested that over a year ago and got shot down big time! A sliding scale handicap would help a lot of the slaughter fests happening in T4 CTF servers.

U know, the main complaint by the low lag/latency princesses was it wouldn't b fair 2 handicap us cause we've worked so hard 2 get this good. And that was right after the same princesses were saying "Stop whining just practice and get better!"

Sooo, by there logic...If they were handicapped 2 make the matches more even that would be like practicing for them.....They'd have 2 work harder, have better tactics and strategy....Isn't that what practice is?...Challenging yourself with harder and harder obstacles 2 achieve?......yup, I can hear the howls of protest already from the Low Lag/Latency princesses!

The kicker is, with that handicap idea that would make more players stick around cause they weren't getting creamed every match...Like, a successful business plan builds the client base cause people like the product....Right?

Just saying, LOL!

Banned sml411 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeLoGreen View Post

I agree this should be an option so a player can pop on at any time of day or night and hop right into a game. The handicap should place the player somewhere at the ~30-40 percentile of the going match. Meaning if there are 5 players on his team then he should finish in the 4th position. They should only be allowed 1 Tier lower and handicap should affect all: Fire power, damage and speed. If you don't restrict speed you have the problem of them causing problems in the lower Tier, like running around with the flag and not capping. The usual Tier slumming crap.

Quote Originally Posted by BIMNUTZ View Post
    The kicker is, with that handicap idea that would make more players stick around cause they weren't getting creamed every match...Like, a successful business plan builds the client base cause people like the product....Right?
    I agree.

To OP: You are supposed to play with like skilled people. If that doesn't seem fair then think about you and your buddies enjoying an awesome game then 2 Terminators from Tier 11 come down and smash the living bejesus out of you and your friends. Wouldn't be so fun any more. Hence the Tier restricted system.
    Last edited by sml411; 06-05-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Senior Member CoolMike is on a distinguished road
    Pun intended?

Banned jigglywiggly is on a distinguished road jigglywiggly's Avatar
    it be cuz i dismantle everyone in tier 4/5 like Bentley, and if I was allowed in tier 3 then the server wud be broke.

Senior Member s0laris is on a distinguished road
    Applying handicap to downtiering players sounds reasonable and doable, but this game is about a lot more than just damage and HP. I have an alt account, playing with handicap 80-90 in T3 CA, just to be with friends and fool around. If i take it seriously, i can easily rack up on kills and im not some pro player. A goldbar CA pro can go back to T3 and massacre a server, because that player knows how to avoid unnecessary damage and just rail-rail-rail-rail... also, rockets, nades and plasma can still do good enough damage.
    There is no innocence, only degrees of guilt. - Librarian

+ Reply to Thread