+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: So much bull in t4 ca

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    So as a T3/T4 cusp CA player, I enjoy T3 a lot more, and just because I'm on the giving end of the raep, but because the players are much more relaxed. However, there's still so much rage and whining in 3 anymore, it's probably just worth generalizing all CA versus the separate tiers.

Case in point, this evening there was a 4v5 in warmup, I joined, they reshuffled, and we played it out. It ended 10-9 or 10-8 with the exact same teams. I was bottom guy on my team, but never once was asked to "do something, please" or whatnot. I was keeping pace with the bottom guy on the other team. It was an even shuffle and a close game, even with a couple SR 70s in the mix where the server average was something like 125.

If only you could get groups of 10 "normal" people more often....
    Any sufficiently skilled player is indistinguishable from a hacker (to paraphrase Arthur C Clarke)

Banned DeathPizza is an unknown quantity at this point
    If you use logic it becomes very simple. We all play quake live. Some people are better than others, some aren't.
    How can one person make an entire team of people look like a bunch of 4 years olds?
    Letís just face it, we all just arenít that bad in the scope of t4.
    Youíre telling me all the sudden everyone on one server, 50% of the team starts playing like crap because of one person?

Here is an analogy:
    Why is Lance Armstrong a better cyclist?

Is it because he trains harder, or works out longer, or has one ball? NO!

Itís because his lungs and heart are 30% larger than the average person!

A fking clear advantage, which is exactly what people are doing in T4 CA games honest good players.

Look at the scores... one person has 200% more points than the next person... maybe his lungs were 30% larger than anyone elseís.. but that would be too logical.

Senior Member s0laris is on a distinguished road
    For some reason, i rarely meet jerks in T4 CA. Can safely say ive seen more trashtalk/bad manner in T4 CTF so far. Worse, seen more ppl in CTF who didnt want to shuffle just to keep the stacked team. But there are good exceptions. Remember an occasion when i joined a server just to spec true T4 CTF gameplay (im T4, but bottom), been asked to join when teams werent even, i told them i shouldnt be there and just speccing to learn, they told me to join till someone better comes. That happened a couple minutes later, i gave away my slot to him and there were 2 folks who thanked me. I was shocked after all the horror stories ive heard about T4.
    There is no innocence, only degrees of guilt. - Librarian

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathPizza View Post
    Here is an analogy: Why is Lance Armstrong a better cyclist? Is it because he trains harder, or works out longer? NO!

Itís because his lungs and heart are 30% larger than the average person! A clear advantage, which is exactly what people are doing in T4 CA games honest good players.

Look at the scores... one person has 200% more points than the next person... maybe his lungs were 30% larger than anyone elseís.. but that would be too logical.
    What advantage do you think these players have that you cannot have?

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    What advantage do you think these players have that you cannot have?
    THE LUNGS, man, THE LUNGS \/

It's like those ape-like people with longer arms. They can utilize bigger mousepads and benefit from lower sens... IT'S SO OBVIOUS!

/me goes back to rofl state
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malk_ View Post
    THE LUNGS, man, THE LUNGS \/

It's like those ape-like people with longer arms. They can utilize bigger mousepads and benefit from lower sens... IT'S SO OBVIOUS!

/me goes back to rofl state
    Chimps have really good hand-eye coordination and can utilize information quickly :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03GdS959Q2I
    Quick intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJAH4ZJBiN8
    Gol' dang he's quick

Senior Member infntnub is on a distinguished road infntnub's Avatar
    Quake Live has to be the only video game where someone can use Lance Armstrong as an analogy to justify their reasoning.

Lol.

Awesome topic. :~)
    Last edited by infntnub; 06-06-2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: I typo'd while lol'ing - oh well
    Quake 3 1.16n Noghost iFreezetag

-UE- .o2o. -g0d- n[2]p foq -end- *pWp* oBs H$ iD aM q3p {DR} *MS* uTk dT |c*|

Great Memories That Will Last A Lifetime :~)

http://www.instalounge.co.nr/

*kadle
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Chimps have really good hand-eye coordination and can utilize information quickly :-)
    Chimps are awesome. Their short term memory is far superior to ours. If more research is done and the proper reward system is implemented, they can probably be trained to perform complex tasks including tasks that we ourselves cant perform.

Best Regards
    Kadle

Ps.
    Equip the chimp to a reward machine that gives it rewards for playing quake correctly EDIT: One banana per frag? EDIT2: And some kind of punishment when it's performance drops too much.
    Last edited by kadle; 06-06-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    "Will hit 60% LG for food"

"I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member Ph4nt0m is on a distinguished road Ph4nt0m's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malk_ View Post
    "Will hit 60% LG for food"

LOL, this thread is growing funnier and funnier by the moment

+ Reply to Thread