+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: So much bull in t4 ca

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    It's just that in CA, the teams matter so much.
    If you're too good, you end up dragging your nob team behind you.
    If you're mediocre, you end up as cannon fodder.
    If you're newbie you end up as minced meat.

Also, lease STOP that dm6 love affair some ppl have since Q]|[A. Playing Holy Clan Arena Multi Player Grounds is boring. We're in 2012. Sad to say it, but this map is overplayed and overused. But hey, if you want a cheap win, you pick up your old fav dm6 and roll, don't ya.

All CAs I ever played in QL were wildly unbalanced; more often than not I was unable to get the drift of the match thanks to stacked teams; You can't join them, but they happily get a W on you.

I used to play CA in q3 and it was fun, even then there were people who took immense pride in their ability to outmaneouver and outaim everyone.

CA has its maniacs as does duel or TDM.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    It's funny you think that way, because I feel like CTF is infinitely worse in this regard :-)

Senior Member infntnub is on a distinguished road infntnub's Avatar
    Whenever I sneak from T3 to T4 for a moment I find a very high unwillingness for these superior CA players to perform a shuffle. As Lolzy stated teambalance is hard to come by once you get into the higher ranked games. Fortunately I'm sent back to T3 after being slapped around for a game or two lol.

I would honestly expect most players to want fair teams because it should in turn present these more skilled players with more of a challenge; as opposed to just making lopsided teams.

Although you could argue teams are just as messed up in lower tiers most of the time heh.
    Quake 3 1.16n Noghost iFreezetag

-UE- .o2o. -g0d- n[2]p foq -end- *pWp* oBs H$ iD aM q3p {DR} *MS* uTk dT |c*|

Great Memories That Will Last A Lifetime :~)

http://www.instalounge.co.nr/

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Best thing about T4 is that there's a lot fewer quitters.

*Grimmjow
    Why are people so tier sensitive?

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    because the butt is also sensitive, i guess
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

Censorship AND Infractions for inappropriate language? I think that's a bit redundant, try-hards

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    CA has about the same level of respectability as FFA.

To be good at CA all you have to do is know how to get around the map fast, and you do that by just copying "good" players.

Most people play CA simply to relax and play creatively. Not to go 100mph around the map, and some people take it so seriously. Then when they get "mad" they start going really fast, and expect that must be what others are doing all the time. Soooo pathetic. The hallmark of a non-competitive game is when it's usually much more fun to not play the best way possible for maximum results all the time, and that is how it is for CA and FFA.

And you can just stand around with the RG, throw grenades often. It's ridiculous as a competitive game type.

But yes at least in tier 4 people stick to teams more, there is actually a chance that you'll start and finish the game with even teams.
    Last edited by quakestreme; 06-04-2012 at 01:04 PM.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    It's funny you think that way, because I feel like CTF is infinitely worse in this regard :-)
    Yea but hmm...you got me there. I died. Waiting for the round to end
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    T4 CA is a bunch of morons, they think they r good but they only play campgrounds. lol

Ive seen some CA only playeres come to CTF and they are pathetic.
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuka_ View Post
    T4 CA is a bunch of morons, they think they r good but they only play campgrounds. lol

Ive seen some CA only playeres come to CTF and they are pathetic.
    Generalize much?

+ Reply to Thread