+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: So much bull in t4 ca

Member Celestial is on a distinguished road
    t4 ca is where all the dumb aim *****s go because they can't be bothered to duel.

sup

Senior Member chaos252 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by AluminumHaste View Post
    This post illustrates the MASSIVE gulf in skill between me and other T4 players (Yes I'm T4 because Quake live decided I was). I've been playing quake 3 since the day it dropped in 1999, if I was going to get better it would have happened years ago when I was younger and had better reflexes.
    How about this, if I join a server full of noobes and they all leave while being replaced with 1 player with higher skill, this will slowly bump up the server rating. Once it gets high enough how about I get a warning on my screen telling me I suck and/or I get disconnected.
    I feel like I'm just being toyed with by other T4 players. Why can't I just be flagged at tier 3 permanently?

EDIT: I feel all of these are undeserved.
    http://i47.tinypic.com/2uiucqw.png
    i remember earlier this year i was one of those guys floating between t3 and t4 ca.. the trick is to play other gametypes, you will learn better positioning and map awareness (more important than aim). last september i was tier 2 in everything and slowly from insta/ictf to ca then ffa ive learned a lot more than i would if i just did ca. dont get comfortable where you are theres always room to learn and grow in quake (why its such an incredible game). if youre comfortable where you are then you wont be challenged and the intensity of a good quake match will be lost. now if i could only manage to not rage out of every duel i lose item control in..

*BlowingDro
    I dunno...to me..T4 CA is full of jerks...Always has been...You've got some guys that are cool but you gotta add them to your friendslist if you dont' wanna be stuck playing against the jerks....People will boot you for anything...like today, I was booted because Im the one that calls out clan members for not wanting to shuffle and trying to teamstack...after the game, I get booted sometimes but its all good...dont let anyone get you too upset on here...most of the super tryhard jerks are young, no offense to anyone....

As for getting good, you just have to keep playing and practice and try different modes...I think CA makes you better, others disagree...I think it makes you get good at using different weapons and changing for the positioning..also lets you work on rocket jumping and positioning....

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    This post illustrates the MASSIVE gulf in skill between me and other T4 players (Yes I'm T4 because Quake live decided I was). I've been playing quake 3 since the day it dropped in 1999, if I was going to get better it would have happened years ago when I was younger and had better reflexes.
    How about this, if I join a server full of noobes and they all leave while being replaced with 1 player with higher skill, this will slowly bump up the server rating. Once it gets high enough how about I get a warning on my screen telling me I suck and/or I get disconnected.
    I feel like I'm just being toyed with by other T4 players. Why can't I just be flagged at tier 3 permanently?

EDIT: I feel all of these are undeserved.
    http://i47.tinypic.com/2uiucqw.png
    So, here are five simple tips that could help your game play:

1. Put on a pair of headphones.

2. Take the distance you normally like to fight at, back up from your opponents until you are a little bit outside your comfort zone in terms of your aim, but still able to do damage. Try to fight with mainly LG and Rail from that distance always. Once you feel comfortable from that distance, try backing up a bit more. (You have to move to maintain that distance from your opponents. Think of it as the **** prevention buffer zone.)

3. From the distance above, adjust your sensitivity and m_pitch until you are perfectly comfortable tracking dodging players (you can do this in a practice match with bots). Once you have done this, set your cl_mouseaccel to .1 and cl_mouseaccelpower to 2. Then adjust cl_mouseaccel in small increments (~.01) until you are perfectly comfortable moving around the map, rocket jumping and hitting people with rockets from close range. Now you have a good sensitivity that should be good for both close in and long distance fighting, as well as moving around the map.

4. Look up any number of threads on here or esreality for improving system performance and minimizing "system lag", and follow the instructions to optimize your settings.

5. Make sure you have good bright high visibility visual settings that does not dazzle you in fights.

For 4 and 5 you can look up one of the pro configs online from people like Rapha or Cypher, etc, and start with that as your basis.

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglyboobs View Post
    3. From the distance above, adjust your sensitivity and m_pitch until you are perfectly comfortable tracking dodging players (you can do this in a practice match with bots). Once you have done this, set your cl_mouseaccel to .1 and cl_mouseaccelpower to 2. Then adjust cl_mouseaccel in small increments (~.01) until you are perfectly comfortable moving around the map, rocket jumping and hitting people with rockets from close range. Now you have a good sensitivity that should be good for both close in and long distance fighting, as well as moving around the map.
    I thought that mouse acceleration was a well known accuracy-killer. I recently turned off my standard windows mouse acceleration. Takes some days to get used to, but I think it will work better in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by KaasMan View Post
    I thought that mouse acceleration was a well known accuracy-killer. I recently turned off my standard windows mouse acceleration. Takes some days to get used to, but I think it will work better in the long run.
    Do not use Windows mouse acceleration.

A low level of mouse acceleration set using cl_mouseaccel gives you the ability to have very steady aim at long range while still retaining the ability to fight close in. It's one way to comfortably do both. Otherwise, what you will find is that you have to make a compromise between long range fighting and close range fighting, and then adjust your playing style and tactics according to your mouse sensitivity. Using accel the only way to have both a low sensitivity for very accurate minor aim adjustments while retaining the ability to snap your mouse onto a target far off center in your screen.

Member AluminumHaste is on a distinguished road AluminumHaste's Avatar
    Isn't that what Zoom is for?

Isn't that what Zoom is for?
    Really depends. Here's another example:

You have your lg out, facing a doorway in DM6 on bridge when jigglynoob comes flying towards you from rail. Having the right accel sens combo lets you snap your lg 90 degrees to hit jiggy squarely on center, then the low sense makes it no effort at all to keep the crosshair pinned on him as he flies backwards down to the lower levels with a final send off courtesy of your rail gun.

It's possible to do this without accel, but much easier if you have the sense/accel combo I described.

Also, the way QL interprets your mouse control inputs makes this setup more accurate, at normal internet latencies than, for example, using high sensitivity. QL gets your control inputs by getting the angle you're pointing at from your position. If you use high sensitivity, the small rapid jittery corrections you make can result in large deviations from your intended target after latency and server side interpolation. Having lower baseline sensitivity ameliorates this problem.

+ Reply to Thread