+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Web Update - May 31: Premium Stats Graphs

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by PoLLeNSKi View Post
    - Overkill is a premium map, if you want free users to play on it, you have to invite them, or persuade them to upgrade. (I was semi-guilt tripped into upgrading because I was constantly asking friends for invites for 6 months or so)
    Ahaaa, and if I told you campgrounds and such are freakin bad maps for how CA was really (supposed to be) played, and thunderstruck and overkill did matter much more to me? Ahh right, either invite, or hope for everyone to go prem/pro like a miracle

I think the max round limit is 30 for Pro servers, but that's still over an hour or so (?) of CA without map changes
    It's not the mapchange. I think you can modify the mappool for your servers anyway (like restricting to overkill, just as the samplers do? At least I would hope you can).
    It's ready, shuffle, and the whole "match" mindset. People will quit because of unbalanced teams rather then because it's not fun, they wanna play something else, got to go or for whatever reasons you would usually quit playing.
    They will whine, troll, slum, not balance out to win, care care and more care. 30 roundlimit is weak. When people regrouped (even on pub), rounds didn't last longer than a minute, and 30 roundlimit would be reached in 40 mins. That's a long match, but still... it's a match

Kickbans aren't working 100% as they should be, Sync_Error said they should be fixed in the next update
    Like all the other 100 important things, they work on, and then throw out huge updated lists that me giggle most of the time

Multi-arena, I'm not sure if this is possible or not
    I highly doubt it, since it's been asked for a long time :>

but it's not exactly difficult to go over to an empty server for a little one on one action.
    It's not? But "my pub" will be heavily populated because it's so awesome?
    Don't see what's gonna happen?
    You play 2 hours of overkill, wanna do 11, maybe 21 rounds of 1v1 - you could easily do this with multiarena.
    Instead, you will have to leave, connect another server, make friends with the guy (maybe I don't want to add him? What's with all your organizing stuff, I don't want to do that. I just wanna play and 10 years ago that didn't seem so impossible/hard ^^), play your game, get back on the overkill server. Oh wait, "Server is full". Chucks. Been nice to go through all this, just to play 11/21 rounds. Instead of gaming carelessly the whole day xD

24 hr server
    ok, thats fine with me

just leave your PC on
    no wait it's not.
    1) I don't want those costs. Why would I pay for "2 servers"?
    Isn't a pc running all day, while you don't do anything at it basically a server? xD
    If I do that, why am I paying QL Membership again ^^
    2) I don't want my laptop to die in a week because it ran 24/7. It's simply not designed for that. Unfortunately it already overheats after an hour or so of gaming session and the fan is getting ridiculously loud, so I have to plugout the power supply and back in every minute.
    3) I wanna sleep. Did I mention the fan? xD

Evening? What evening? Will it fill withing 5 minutes at 15:00 my time? Public servers can, if popular. It's just a given pro/prem matches take longer to get going, I want my server public

It's like this:

Last time I did any sort of clanplay, was first hoq season I think. pretty long ago. Before that... 2005 maybe?

I did a few pickups now and then half a year ago via "invite pls", but also stopped that because it was nagging (esp. when u didn't get any invite, and was told to go pro/prem/whatever).

I don't have a friendlist, and I'm not reaaaallly planning to build one.

IF I DID get prem/pro for some other reason, all this private/competitive playing would be a nice bonus on top.
    BUT it's not enough to bait me. It's just not what I'm primarily looking for.

I could add a tdm setup with prem maps (because frankly, most of the decent maps, such as derp inside, realm of derprats and whatever is played by skilled players are prem/pro) for free joining to my personal wishlist.
    And plenty of other ideas that would be
    a) public
    but
    b) not completely nub which no real quaker wants to play
    Still, none of them will be possible. "good gaming experience" is reserved for the paying members, but if I would pay, I still wouldn't get what I want. a) and b) are contradicting itself by quakelives design, which is supposed to force you into paying.
    and that system is not only flawed, but a flaw itself imho. pure opinion, but what I would hope for if I paid wouldn't happen, So I won't
    Last edited by D_R; 06-03-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

Censorship AND Infractions for inappropriate language? I think that's a bit redundant, try-hards

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    Campgrounds being a bad map and people being competitive is the fault of the game...not the players who are competitive and constantly play the same map?

No idea why the devs fixing problems makes you giggle...

Multi-arena isn't necessary because unlike Q3 the servers are now all conveniently shown on a browser screen, so you can find empty games and join them VERY easily instead of having to have a list of server ip's to try and connect to... but then that's the kind of progress that some people take for granted.

I was just saying that it's possible to keep a server running 24/7. If you have a laptop and have to share a room with it, that's your personal issue with doing so, the fact remains that it's possible, just inconvenient for you.

Basically, you're not gonna pay for the extra features, even the ones you do want like the premium maps and certain gameplay cvars (PQL, damage through floors, stronger rails) and people who used to invite you to games got fed up with you sponging from them... your loss, not mine.

I had LOTS of fun as a free user and had a 'good gaming experience' but I'm damn happy I now pay the pittance they ask for to access all the premium stuff. Two standard users complaining in a thread about a purely prem/pro addition is laughable imo.

/goes to play on Overkill... might callvote PQL as well...

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by PoLLeNSKi View Post
    Campgrounds being a bad map and people being competitive is the fault of the game...not the players who are competitive and constantly play the same map?
    It's free and overkill is not? I described an idea of what I personally, if I paid, would like to do (pub overkill among).
    You said it's "mostly possible", except for "overkill" being "public". That's why I mentioned the bad map, because I could spawn a public server with it. With the good one, I couldn't. Whats the big deal

No idea why the devs fixing problems makes you giggle...
    Fixing problems? Nono, what makes me giggle is that most of the stuff that gets done shouldn't have high priorities, and that important things "always take ages".

Multi-arena isn't necessary
    It never was. Yet it's comfortable, great, and without flaws.
    There would hardly be a disadvantage if you included it (only one I can think of: I remember shouting say_world get to ca... when there were 3 or even 4 teams of 2 people duelling, leaving no slots for the ca players so they had to play 3on3 in a huge ca).
    AND it shouldn't take 2-3 months of work either, should it?

instead of having to have a list of server ip's to try and connect to...
    Huhm? I don't see much of a difference of connecting via serverbrowser or webbrowser, other than it's more comfortable because integrated and nothing to setup (though serverbrowsers usually did everything automatic). It gave you all the information QL does, mode played, map played, number of players, player names, the ping you can expect, the score, everything - just not the nice picture of the arena played? It wasn't really all that hard when the game had a playerbase, yet there was multi arena
    The IP Thing. Well actually the only time I used it: you were on a server, and somebody told you to change. You didn't have to quit/return to the serverbrowser (read equivalent of "play online" matchcenter), but could \connect iport via console directly. disadvantage? don't think so?

edit says: "Find free games very easily (implying you couldn't in the past" guess what?
    above the information on how many players are on the server, vs how many slots it has (for example 6/16) there was this line "players". click on it once, it lists servers from most populated to empty. click twice, and there is a whole list of empty servers to choose from on top. I know that (clicking criteria on the order of servers) is much much more difficult than clicking it in your webbrowser

but then that's the kind of progress that some people take for granted.
    No it's a nice thing really. Just don't see how this concerns the base we started on:
    costs and benefits of quake 3 (servers, basically the only cost there was after purchase, and a volunteer one for parts of the community) versus those of quakelive. It doesn't change my view on how quake 3 gave you more for less.

that's your personal issue with doing so, the fact remains that it's possible, just inconvenient for you.

Basically, you're not gonna pay for the extra features, even the ones you do want like the premium maps and certain gameplay cvars (PQL, damage through floors, stronger rails) and people who used to invite you to games got fed up with you sponging from them... your loss, not mine.
    Don't go all personal on me dude. Inconvenience is a good and reasonable word to throw in though

They got fed up? Maybe there was a bit of inconvenience on their end as well? I mean inviting over and over although they pay to play that stuff? After that they had run and cry "!missing 1 sub please cmon" and wait some more 10-20 mins for a 20 min match.
    Sounds much like a motivation to pay :>

Two standard users complaining in a thread about a purely prem/pro addition is laughable imo.
    Well, enjoy the c00l graphs, dude. nice+important update

I'm not as much complaining as discussing fyi, you guys always assume people were taking it way too serious, which most probably aren't.
    Those "boy smashes his keyboard in rage over game" vids are staged, right?

/goes to play on Overkill... might callvote PQL as well...
    me so jelly. /continues playing shadow hearts on ps2 oO
    *** is it with getting all personal, really :>
    Last edited by D_R; 06-03-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

Censorship AND Infractions for inappropriate language? I think that's a bit redundant, try-hards

*VirginMediaSuck
    Just buy this website and integrate it into your's: http://qlranks.com/

Junior Member tripskeet is on a distinguished road tripskeet's Avatar
    Holy crap that esreality link on page one is more amazing than the update! Thx! lol

*K1LLINGMACHINE
    Hello, I have a problem. Ordered a premium account, the money from the card removed, but remained a standard account.

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K1LLINGMACHINE View Post
    Hello, I have a problem. Ordered a premium account, the money from the card removed, but remained a standard account.
    You need to contact support@quakelive.com as no-one here can help you.

+ Reply to Thread