+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Has QL always been this elitist?

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post

ELITE SERVER DRAMA
    Scene takes place at a holy, blessed private premium server. Only top class is invited by the serv spawner. Men and women who rule and slice and dice. Two things happen:

The warmup goes on and on because Nick 4, Nick1, Nick 3 either discuss how to cook that lobster or debate over Nick 2's wife, or Nick 4 just don't want to press F3 just to anger the rest, especially Nick1 and Nick2 whose he hates.

During the great CTF match, full of upper class invite-only mofos, Nick 1 rages because he feels that Nick 2 doesn't keep mid. This is joined by Nick 4 who says that he always knew that Nick 2 can't play mid and all he can do is steal RA from FC. Nick 2 rages and starts helping enemy team for the hell of it. Nick 3 stays on attack but suddenly decides that everyone on his team except him is playing like a knob and he generally wants Nick 4 to stay def but Nick 4 wants to prove his bad-ass aim rail*****s everyone. This causes Nick 3 to join spectators, and suddenly Nick 5 arrives. He jumps in only to jump out because he HATES Nick 1 and he wants him to give back REGEN but Nick 1 runs around with it for the kicks. Nick 4 suddenly is angered by everyone being so n00b and becomes one-man def-mid-attack and camps all PUs regardless of whether the FC needs it or not. Nick 3 comes back and starts arguing with Nick 5 on how he's slower than him b/c he can't rj fast enough in CPMA and that's why he's always last and whatever. Suddenly Nick 3 downs the server because he hates everyone and besides they already got a W on this map 2day.
    the best read on this forums as yet - 10/10

Senior Member pwnstar is on a distinguished road pwnstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    Look these idiots get off by people knowing about them and referencing them. Don't you realize that his heart skipped a beat and he started smiling (at least inside) when he saw you referencing what he did? It gives them attention, it makes them feel like they are someone worth knowing, when they are nobody. THESE PEOPLE ARE SAD LOSERS.

Just let them die, alone, prematurely, and ban them whenever they try to pull anything online.
    Ok, I'm seeing some significant mental issues here...

Banned jigglywiggly is on a distinguished road jigglywiggly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    Look these idiots get off by people knowing about them and referencing them. Don't you realize that his heart skipped a beat and he started smiling (at least inside) when he saw you referencing what he did? It gives them attention, it makes them feel like they are someone worth knowing, when they are nobody. THESE PEOPLE ARE SAD LOSERS.

Just let them die, alone, prematurely, and ban them whenever they try to pull anything online.
    lol butt hurt scrub

*sml411
    Well hell-o, ain't you the one who keeps complaining? Because both I and most of the dudes in our community are having quite a good time.
    This thread grows tedious with each and every page, it's kinda like our old topic of slumming here on this forum(remember the flamewars we had back then? lol).

Since this discussion is barely thematical, let's straighten out some facts:

Quake Live is very tribal at its core, as most of such games tend to become. It's basics of sociology and psychology of human interaction at work here. If any of you ever tended to something above college (I hope quite a lot of our forum members have at least university degree or higher) you probably were taught on how societies evolve. Every society creates an elitist core of people who are so good at living (or they pretend to be) that they outclass everyone in life via the virtue of either skill, cunning, mimicry, or combination of both. It's the natural drive of life forms to become better in a competing environment and social creatures such as humans fight fiercely for their position in society.
    There's also a general rule here: If a person strives hard to reach that elitist core (be it financial, political or otherwise), the harder that person tries and works on it, the harder is his/her ridicule of those who didn't make it after that person reaches that "omega point" in his/her life. Why?
    Humans are generally not humble. Everyone has, to one degree or another, a huge desire to be recognized, to be above the rest. Sometimes life teaches us hard lessons and causes us to become more realistic and humble in our view of life, but more often than not people do not waste time on philosophical remarks like "be nice to people you meet on your way up, because they will be the same people you meet on your way down" etc. Some people are either too short-sighted or too evil in their hearts to care for anybody except themselves. So they reach that elitist point, become the mount Olympus of society, bask in their glory and humiliate and despise everyone below them.

The same process applies to multiplayer gaming. It is a mini-society, a social culture revolving around common point of interest (in this case QL). Each and every rue of society applies here, as it is the same society as the real-life one in terms of basic interactions...wait, did I say basic? Ah yes. Now here's the tricky part.

In our real-life interactions, we're more cautious and less savage than on the Internet.
    ***Read Lolzy's post above. This is just an excerpt but it's pretty much spot on***
    Just remember in QL as in real life. If the upper crust does not placate the masses there will be revolution, uninstall or quitting of the game. I can hear the some of the ignorant T4 players grumbling "fine let them leave" " it's all about quality not quantity" . Well a stupid leader once said "Let them eat cake" and if you don't know how that turned out , well.
    In real life the super wealthy fly under the radar and try to stay out of the news. The wanna be super billionaires like Trump and Mark Cuban don't. Although they are billionaires they are guppies in that pond.

So the moral of the story is shut your yapper.

Banned DeathPizza is an unknown quantity at this point
    This is a quake live forum... you all fail.

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    What do you serve first, death or pizza? Just curious.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

Senior Member Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston will become famous soon enough Phlogiston's Avatar
    What do you serve first, death or pizza? Just curious.
    I'll have the cake please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZVjKlBCvhg

*DrewPWiener
    Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoLLeNSKi View Post
    Eddie Izzard, one of my favorite comedians ever :-P

I think he lifted that bit from Monty Python though (life of brian?).

+ Reply to Thread