+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Start a Match bug; Air Control, Fast Weapon Switch not working

Junior Member orInge is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Start a Match bug; Air Control, Fast Weapon Switch not working

I am a pro subscriber, and when I try to start a server with air control enabled, it doesn't work. That is, movement is normal q3 movement. Also I've lowered weapon raise / lower time down to minimum 10, and weapon switch in-game is still slow. I've tried 20 also, with no change.
    It works if I limit the server to premium, but then nobody comes, and I just sit there all alone...
    : (

Server settings:
    Standard server
    location Los Angeles, CA
    {"maps":["siberia","courtyard","ironworks","falloutbunker", "duelingkeeps","rebound","scornforge","troubledwat ers"],"cvars":{"g_gametype":5,"premium":0,"web_spawnSki llMatched":1,"teamsize":4,"g_allowSpecVote":1,"g_a llowVoteMidGame":1,"sv_warmupReadyPercentage":0.6, "pmove_WeaponDropTime":10,"pmove_WeaponRaiseTime": 10,"g_allowKill":1,"dmflags":12,"pmove_AirControl" :1,"g_damage_g":200}}
    Last edited by orInge; 05-22-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Member railthru is on a distinguished road
    +1

I tried rail jump + air control. Movement did not change from default QL.

Support Sasparillo is on a distinguished road Sasparillo's Avatar
    Is this still not working for you? I copy pasted your settings straight into my Start a Match and air control worked fine, as did rail jump with air control. Let me know if it still isn't working for you.

Idk, now I can't launch any server. Getting a small grey window and this:
    ** GLW_CreateWindow: could not register window class
    Please report the the problem you encountered on the Quake Live forums.
    You must reload the web page to make this display go away.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orInge View Post
    Idk, now I can't launch any server. Getting a small grey window and this:
    ** GLW_CreateWindow: could not register window class
    Please report the the problem you encountered on the Quake Live forums.
    You must reload the web page to make this display go away.
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...tries-to-start

@Sasparillo
    Nope, still not working. Fixed the GLW problem, and started a match again, same settings. No luck : (
    On a side note, why would certain settings make the match UNRANKED? I don't want noobs joining my server just because I changed Gaunt damage...

*muuulen
    I have the same problem. Only way i can start a match with fast switch and air control enabled is by making a premium only match with the pql match rules.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muuulen View Post
    I have the same problem. Only way i can start a match with fast switch and air control enabled is by making a premium only match with the pql match rules.
    Having the exact same problem.

Code:
    {"maps":["overkill","quarantine","campgrounds"],"cvars":{"g_gametype":4,"premium":0,"sv_warmupReadyPercentage":0.6,"g_allowVoteMidGame":1,"g_voteLimit":3,"g_inactivity":120,"g_shuffle_automatic":1,"pmove_WeaponDropTime":10,"pmove_WeaponRaiseTime":10,"dmflags":60,"pmove_AirControl":1,"pmove_RampJump":1,"weapon_reload_gauntlet":200,"g_damage_lg":8,"g_damage_rg":100,"g_splashradius_pg":30,"g_splashdamage_rl":100,"g_startingWeapons":243,"g_infiniteAmmo":1,"g_forceDmgThroughSurface":1,"g_knockback_rl":1.1,"g_knockback_pg":1.25,"g_vampiricDamage":0.5}}

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Standard server options are far more limited as they're standard servers for the free accounts. If you're trying to enable air control on a standard server I don't believe that was ever supposed to work.

UNRANKED = stats don't go into the main QL database effecting your overall stats, your game is still shown on your page. Only games following certain rule restrictions are ranked to keep the data meaningful.

UNRESTRICTED = no tier restriction.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Standard server options are far more limited as they're standard servers for the free accounts. If you're trying to enable air control on a standard server I don't believe that was ever supposed to work.
    But it does work for lots of people. Just not me.

+ Reply to Thread