+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Site Update - May 22, 2012

*mppDOTorg
    Whenever I see small fixes like this I'm always hopeful (and disappointed) that someday they will fix:

1. The ridiculous voting system where 4 - 1 votes "fail" and players don't even have to vote (failure to vote should put you on spectate)
    2. When quitters quit and leave a match VERY unbalanced, such as 5 players vs 3 for example, the match should auto suspend. 3 people battling 5 is a waste of time and isn't competitive.
    3. The current default for the chat is a measly 5 lines (I think). It should default to 30 (which is what I changed mine to so I could actually read what was in the chat).
    4. At the beginning of a round, the chat is always spammed with nonsensical and useless information about existing players "entering" the game (players who NEVER LEFT by the way). This spam uses up the lines of chat and causes players to miss something another player said in the chat. FIX THIS ALREADY.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sanquin View Post
    I'd think that is highly unlikely. The deterring effect of having publicly known anticheat is desirable; afaik all other games that have an anticheat publish this. Besides if there is an anticheat it will become known anyway.
    Well from what I've heard from banned people, they've said that they had been detected by something...so...

*Cubicar
    Quote Originally Posted by SyncError View Post
    • Dead players can no longer be dropped for inactivity in Attack & Defend.
    IMO this is also required to be done for Clan Arena.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubicar View Post
    IMO this is also required to be done for Clan Arena.
    I've never seen it happen in CA (Doesn't mean it can't though)

Member killamatic is an unknown quantity at this point
    ca should force equal teams, by not spawning one of the players on the team with 1 extra player. pausing the match will just make people quit.
    and/or auto-shuffle mid match when two quit from the blue team at 2-0 in team games.

Actually, I'd just like shuffle to work. It seems to shuffle once, then rarely shuffle again no matter how many times the vote is passed.
    It nearly never seperates the few better players, it seems to enjoy shoving the four 15:1 K/D's onto one team with four 200-ping players on the other.

+1 on the 'entered the game' bull. it seems to occur when somebody changes teams or joins from spectator after the match start countdown has occured.

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9deuce_ View Post
    and yet still no anti cheat
    There has been an anti cheat feature for a long time now,it`s called "start a match"
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

*americannon
    Quote Originally Posted by Enochulator View Post
    maybe i'm naive, but it's really infrequent i see someone who's obviously cheating, and they never really stay long.
    The most common cheat is not that obvious. Players who can see through walls just seem to have good map awareness, intuition or luck. Here's one way to see it: be the last man in a ca match, hold a quiet gun, hide in a dark corner, listen, you hear them walking around but not spamming doorways with rockets, yet they know exactly where to shoot to hit you. After a while it's pretty obvious.

Senior Member crogeek is on a distinguished road crogeek's Avatar
    I don't see in changelog that you fixed kickban option yet for owners (pro users) of servers, but nice update anyway.
    There's no better place than (127.0.0.1) HOME. . .

QUAKE 2 INSTAGIB WILL STAY FOREVER IN MY MEMORY (1997 - 2002)

Junior Member polip is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Enochulator View Post
    maybe i'm naive, but it's really infrequent i see someone who's obviously cheating, and they never really stay long.
    maaaybe in tier 2 CA (though daddy05/kkk creates new account every day basically, so he is there daily)
    maybe your location of tier2 CA is free of obvious aimbots like that guy. otherwise on highertier cheaters are at large in every mode, though most of the time they use more subtle cheats (timers, wallhacks, humanised aim). And at this point I REALLY am no longer bothered to send demos, some are accepted by community by this point (like czituch [star of one of zotacs], best mate of daddy05, check out his CAs from past half of year). We take more time to record, find and send the demo, than it takes for banned player to create new account. Why bother if its the system that is broken? fun fact: There was premium/pro generator at one point! ;f and known cheaters were having same pleasure of notplaying empty public premium servers, as myself paying customer, at that point i decided that i wont be paying until this game at least makes effort of dealing with cheaters (but as of yet not even kickvote during game was introduced). So yeah, deal with sociopaths and psychopaths of QL and then you will have my money as only then it will make sense for me to gratify you. Right now call me a leech, but then again im actively still increasing dwindling numbers of active playerbase that gets frustrated when playing against those $@% morons.

*Cubicar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I've never seen it happen in CA (Doesn't mean it can't though)
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...-to-be-kidding

+ Reply to Thread