+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sampler Matches Updated - May 21st A&D

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

Sampler Matches Updated - May 21st A&D

We're changing up the Sampler servers: starting today you can now check out Attack & Defend on Courtyard.

For the uninitiated, Attack & Defend is one of the gametypes introduced in our last update, available for all Pro users to create matches on. Gameplay wise, it is a mixture of Capture the Flag, and Clan Arena. Teams spawn with all weapons, ammo, and armor, and take turns attacking the flag, or defending the flag. By default, players start with 100 health, 100 armor, and suffer no self damage, however all of this and more can be adjusted in the new Start a Match for custom matches.

Same as previously, the Sampler servers are available in limited capacity, so look for matches named "A&D Sampler" and hop in!
    Last edited by sponge; 05-21-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Nice!

But i gonna miss Domination matches ): were pretty cool.
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

Junior Member Snapphanen is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuka_ View Post
    Nice!

But i gonna miss Domination matches ): were pretty cool.
    Then buy premium/pro! I bought pro and it's worth every penny! If you compare to other monthly fee services, Quake Live gives me a year of pro for the same price as 4 motnths of, lets say, Spotify or WoW.

Member killamatic is an unknown quantity at this point
    comparing Quake and Wow is a bit stupid.

Who here would have bought Quake 1/2/3 if it had been subscription based?
    Not I.

I bought a minecraft account for $12, and it's given me over two years of mild entertainment, architectural stimulation, and flying around like god looking down on other peoples' builds.
    If I did pay the fifty bucks for quake.. I'd be sitting in an empty server, waiting for the handful of people in Au who have premium to consider joining me. Even in free week, it was hard enough to get people out of almost lost CA.

Senior Member lmiol is on a distinguished road
    why only (Texas, United Kingdom, Germany, Argentina, Australia, and Russia)?
    XD
    maybe make some in Paris, Kiev, Warsaw?

Senior Member namad will become famous soon enough namad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by killamatic View Post
    comparing Quake and Wow is a bit stupid.

Who here would have bought Quake 1/2/3 if it had been subscription based?
    Not I.

I bought a minecraft account for $12, and it's given me over two years of mild entertainment, architectural stimulation, and flying around like god looking down on other peoples' builds.
    If I did pay the fifty bucks for quake.. I'd be sitting in an empty server, waiting for the handful of people in Au who have premium to consider joining me. Even in free week, it was hard enough to get people out of almost lost CA.
    Go play minecraft then, what's the problem? Quake won't lose anything without you =)

Junior Member mikkeyg is on a distinguished road
    yeah, getting pretty annoyed with foreigners with 300+ ping taking slots on the aus samplers.

Junior Member onLooSe is on a distinguished road onLooSe's Avatar
    That's great! If you rotate all the new mods like this :P I kinda wanna play some Red Rover and Harvester too :S They are just more fun orientated...
    If you never played Quake Duel and won during an ACTUAL earthQUAKE and checking your stack, wondering if you took direct rocket or something... ... well... you never actually played QUAKE! -
    5.8 on Richter Magnitude Scale - 22.05.2012 03:00 AM - Sofia, Bulgaria

Junior Member ClintJCL is on a distinguished road
    Seeing as we already own THREE Quake3Arena CDs - so that my wife & I could invite a friend over and all of us play online - why should I have to pay monthly to continue to play the same game, just because you put up a few mods? You really should give free lifetime accounts to anyone who shelled out for the real game. Especially couple's that have paid for 2 or 3 copies.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClintJCL View Post
    Seeing as we already own THREE Quake3Arena CDs - so that my wife & I could invite a friend over and all of us play online - why should I have to pay monthly to continue to play the same game, just because you put up a few mods? You really should give free lifetime accounts to anyone who shelled out for the real game. Especially couple's that have paid for 2 or 3 copies.
    You should pay for QL because QL =/= Q3. Do CoD players complain about having to pay for MW3 because they owned MW2? Chuck Testa.

+ Reply to Thread