+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quake won't open

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JEKTogl View Post
    Completely deleted my Quake app data folder. Is there somewhere else Quake files are installed?
    Registry maybe, if you have one of those utilities like Tuneup that scans your registry for unneeded entries.

The problem seems to be with the website though, it's not that your game files are messed up, it's that it doesn't even load the game in the first place.

I suppose if it couldn't find the game itself it might do this, but I would think it would spit out an error then. Can you run something like wolfcam or q3 without issue? Hmm, yeah I think that's barking up the wrong tree.

Different browsers should have solved it though, unless perhaps all the browsers depend on a java system installed on the machine, and these browsers also get their javascript processing from there? No, because each has its own javascript engine.

It would be nice if sponge or maybe Lam could provide a script that says "hey browser, load the damn game" and we could run and it see what happens.

Does anything else on the website not work or behave unexpectedly? How exactly does it reload the page? Do you see the starting plug-in thing? or? Is it the same as if you hit refresh? What happens exactly?

Junior Member JEKTogl is on a distinguished road
    Oh yeah, this is still happening. I can't open this game regardless of PC or browser. I'll update this with a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RyLa...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by JEKTogl; 08-10-2013 at 04:17 AM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Is that video being uploaded? It doesn't seem to work.. :-/

Er I looked at "quake live works well" instead of "hello", and that plays.

Can you pastebin error.log?

Looks like the game loads and then instantly closes or crashes. So not a browser issue, but a game one. Not sure why I went on a browser tangent before.

Graphics card drivers up to date?

The newer one should be working now, it was processing. It's the same just includes the mouse cursor which I forgot to enable. Where is error.log? It isn't in the iD appdata folder. According to window search there is none at all.

And yes, GTX670 on latest nVidia drivers. Same as a year ago
    Last edited by JEKTogl; 08-10-2013 at 04:59 AM.

*quakeking
    my quake live crashes

Quote Originally Posted by JEKTogl View Post
    The newer one should be working now, it was processing. It's the same just includes the mouse cursor which I forgot to enable. Where is error.log? It isn't in the iD appdata folder. According to window search there is none at all.

And yes, GTX670 on latest nVidia drivers. Same as a year ago
    error.log should be in quakelive/home/baseq3/

Also can you move, rename, or delete qzconfig.cfg repconfig.cfg and autoexec.cfg if it exists, then go to game settings on teh website and hit 'reset defaults'. Then try to load the game.

Also if you could download the Quake 3 Demo and run that (it's only 50 MB) and see if it runs or gives an error message or what.

No error.log file is there or is created when I attempt to run the game.

No qzconfig.cfg or autoexec.cfg config file there either, deleted repconfig.cfg and reset settings using the website. Same effect. A new repconfig.cfg and qzconfig.cfg was created. Still no error.log.

The Q3A demo works fine.

Ok hmm. Wish I could run it through a debugger.

Can you give your exact hardware specifications?

I have an idea, try this safe mode, but with networking.

Then load firefox or w/e and try to run QL. Not sure what will happen exactly, could be insightful.

Game works in safe mode. Dxdiag.
    Last edited by JEKTogl; 08-14-2013 at 07:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread