+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mouse unbounding + keyboard ungrab (at least in Linux!) please!!

*caramilk

Question Mouse unbounding + keyboard ungrab (at least in Linux!) please!!

When in game, QL grabs the mouse. That is 100% correct and desired.

When I press ESC, I see a menu where I see mouse cursor. Mouse is no longer wrapped to center of the screen (and hidden) as during play mode. That is great until I try to move the mouse outside of the window which of course fails as the mouse is bound to the game.

I cannot change focus to another window with Alt+Tab as QL grabs the keyboard, at least when game is in focus.

What I want is ability to allow the mouse to leave the window when game is in the menu as well as to switch focus to another window. When I click back to the game, I want the game to re-grab keyboard and mouse.

Motivation: I like to play CA and I have multiple-displays. When I'm waiting for the next turn, I'd like to be able to switch to another monitor and use another application like a web browser or terminal.

Ability to do this or a workaround would be highly appreciated.

Junior Member killit is on a distinguished road
    You just have to call the console before using any other application. That's it.
    That's all folks!

*caramilk
    Quote Originally Posted by killit View Post
    You just have to call the console before using any other application. That's it.
    OK, that only during window mode. Doesn't work with full screen... But I guess that's better than nothing

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by caramilk View Post
    OK, that only during window mode. Doesn't work with full screen... But I guess that's better than nothing
    why would you want to switch applications while playing fullscreen? you only need to see the cursor when the menu is open (fullscreen), and when youre playing windowed then opening the console works perfectly.

+ Reply to Thread