+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: August 6th Changelog

Member alpha_male is on a distinguished road alpha_male's Avatar
    We love you ID Software

Junior Member naity is on a distinguished road
    realy realy nice update. c10 is finally playable on a competative level, the best ctf map ever (cp1) is added and cp5 as a bonus too! nice nice nice! yippie! *hugs*

but.... what makes you think, that people will pay for maps, which they were able to play for FREE for 10 years and more???? im totally ok with the premium service etc, but letting only a part of the community play some maps, wont work on a long run.

i mean i gonna get me "pro" service for sure, but its already hard enough to find a decent public game. i fear that the premium publics will be ghosttowns and tournaments which feature "pro" maps will have not many teams in it. also i want to compete with ALL the community and not with just the ppl who pay......

so if u dont want ql to lose a big part of the community, remove this nonsense. its better for the ppl who pay and also for the ppl who want to play for free.... in the end im very very sure u will have much more customers this way then u will have the the way its now...

Junior Member aphlA is on a distinguished road
    The people who will get a premium or pro account should consider that they pay annually and not monthly.They just said monthly because it sounds better and cheaper when they say 2 a month instead of 24 a year. For the pro account it is even more. You pay 48 to play QuakeLive for 1 Year. This isn't as cheap as it sounds and even though you are dependent on id. You can't choose which map you want to play, you have to choose one from the map pool.
    In Quake 3 Arena you can play as much as you want. As many different maps as you want and you can even choose between other gametypes.
    When i buy a multiplayer onlinge game in store like teamfortress2 i pay 20 ONCE and I'm free to decide what i play and I've got full support like the pro account of QuakeLive.
    I just wanted to mention that.

This "great" update will also split up the community. When there enough people like me who think this is a rip-off, there will be too less premium players and they are forced to play the normal maps with the normal people.

How bad

Just my 2 cents

Junior Member animaliZed is on a distinguished road
    Nice update. Going PRO once it's available for my country

Junior Member naity is on a distinguished road
    @ alpha: what u do not consider is, that you can host your own server for 48€ / year. find me a q3 serverhoster who is even close to that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamatiqus View Post
    This change-log has almost all players dreams. BUT we still whining :3
    Has Quake Live leaved Beta status?
    nearly. but still there is no lan mode and no wcp9
    Last edited by naity; 08-07-2010 at 06:06 AM.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    id Software, why do you allow people to pay hard-earned money for a pro account, when it's not even functional in the given country? Isn't that classified as robbery? I'm happy I didn't go pro otherwise I'd be in the same situation as my friends are.

Member Amphetam1ne is on a distinguished road
    nice updates, which would be perfect if new server locations were added

*Cannadoux
    This update is fine for me (even if I can't actualy log in game :-))
    I don't think I'll go premium for now, but maybe later. I'll wait and see how things are going...
    The only point I'm a little bit disapointed with is that I can't use a clan tag anymore (and therefore I can't prefix my name with ********s :-p )

*Vhite
    Very nice work, most useful update so far that I can remember.

Junior Member Comandante1 is on a distinguished road
    This new s*hits is for noobs and gays.....

+ Reply to Thread