August 6th Changelog
New Premium Content:
• New gametype - Freeze TagPremium Map Additions:
• 20 Maps, including:
o 5 Brand New Arenas
o 4 Challenge ProMode Arena Classics
o 3 Threewave CTF Classics
o 3 Q3 Community Contest Maps
o 2 Rocket Arena 3 Classics
o 2 Orange Smoothie Production Map Pak Classics
o 1 Quake Live Community Map
• Aerowalk (Duel)Code Updates:
• Battleforged (Duel)
• Black Cathedral (CA)
• Cold War (CA)
• Deep Inside (TDM)
• Dismemberment (Duel)
• Dreadful Place (TDM)
• Focal Point (Duel)
• Hektik (Duel)
• Industrial Accident (CTF)
• Intervention (TDM)
• Japanese Castles (CTF)
• Leviathan (TDM)
• Overkill (CA)
• Phrantic (Duel)
• Purgatory (TDM)
• Realm of Steel Rats (TDM)
• Shining Forces (CTF)
• Stonekeep (CTF)
• Theatre of Pain (CA)
• New clan system supportWebsite Changes:
• Added /block, /unblock, and /blocklist console commands.
o /block name - blocks the player from in-game and website chat (do not include clan in the name)• Abandoned sequentially numbered filenames for maps in favor of actual map names, ie 'qzdm6' is now simply 'campgrounds'
o /unblock name - blocks the player from in-game and website chat (do not include clan in the name)
o /blocklist - lists currently blocked players
• New console auto-complete code, including the ability to autocomplete map names during console callvotes.
• Auto-complete: demo names if "demo" is the first token.
• Team locator icons are now visible regardless of the PVS, they are now visible throughout the map.
• Team overlay: Background and drop shadow changes.
• Added /print command. Prints a local message on screen. (useful for binds)
• Alias system (example usage below)
o alias +jumpup "say I'm jumping;+moveup"• Spectating players in duel will now utilize that players model & sound set rather than enemy model & sound.
o alias -jumpup "say I'm landing;-moveup"
o bind ] +jumpup
• Added 'spec pu' cmd to cycle your spectating view between players holding power-ups.
• Added aspect ratio correct crosshairs - crosshairs are no longer squished on widescreen.
• Minimum respawn delay lowered from 2100ms to 2000ms.
• New in-game Ad support
• Battlesuit balance adjustment, no longer prevents splash damage (all damage including splash is still reduced by 75%; you still take no damage from lava; still take no damage from acid/slime; still cannot drown...).
• Map 'author' support added to display level design credit for jointly owned community map additions.
• Added Standard/Premium/Pro user site functionality, including the ability to purchase account subscriptions or redeem tokens for subscription.Map Changes:
• Most of the site has been revamped or retouched.
• Upgraded to the latest release of our forum package. Revisions to the default forum style will come in a future update.
• Added new pre-login splash page design.
• Added a "Register" button to the top of the pages again, when not logged in.
• Added detection for web client/server getting out of sync with regard to whether they are logged in.
• Added a pre-game interstitial advertisement to 'standard' users that will show when they first launch into game.
All existing maps have received visual improvements, including ambient occlusion dirt map lighting and true vertexlighting.
All Capture the Flag arenas now have team-colored team overlay location information to easily identify whether your teammates are located in base, center or enemy base.
• Asylum -
o Added teleporter destination floor decal• Base Siege -
o Replaced proxylaunchers with grenade launchers• Bloodlust –
o Swapped shotgun and nailgun positions
o Replaced lower yellow armor in base with a green armor jacket
o Staircases in center have been altered
o Renamed from ‘Bloodlust CTF’ to ‘Bloodlust’• Bloodrun –
o Fixed asymmetrical bridge structures in base
o Added teleporter destination decals• Courtyard –
o Removed gl spawn
o Renamed from ‘Courtyard Conundrum’ to ‘Courtyard’• Eviscerated
o Added a hallway and door between Pillar Hall and Teleporter room
o Replaced red armor in teleporter room with a medkit
o Moved Pillar Hall yellow armor to the Power-up Room
o Moved plasmagun from base nook onto base floor
o Added yellow armor to base nook
o Increased the megahealth respawn delay from 35 to 60 second
o Renamed from ‘Place of Many Deaths’ to ‘Eviscerated’• Hearth
o Renamed from ‘Arena of Death’ to ‘Hearth’• Ironworks
o Fixed asymmetrical spawn locations• Longest Yard
o Renamed from ‘The Longest Yard’ to ‘Longest Yard’• Lost World
o Added 5 new spawn locations
o Added teleporter destination floor decal• Retribution
o Improved wall clipping near lightninggun staircase doorway
o Renamed ‘Temple of Retribution’ to ‘Retribution’• Sacellum
o Swapped railgun and shotgun locations in Team Deathmatch
o Renamed ‘Temple of Pain’ to ‘Sacellum’• Siberia –
o Added snowpatch near nailgun jumppad to cushion falling damage that occurred while dropping down from red armor• Space CTF –
o Removed base-side megahealths in favor of a single megahealth on the center platform• Spillway –
o Removed central railgun in favor of base-side railguns on the Perch
o Increased the railgun respawn delay to 20 seconds, with a 5 slug ammo payload
o Added a plasmagun along the central accelpad route
o Renamed ‘House of Pain’ to ‘Spillway’• Stronghold –
o Renamed ‘The Stronghold’ to ‘Stronghold’• Terminal Heights –
o Removed megahealth spawn from center basement in favor of teamed Quad & Regen power-ups
o Added a new bouncepad route from Flight to BFG to support Flight as a holdable power-up
Nice one, the leak was correct xD
(sry, couldnt resist)
If you are gonna use Challenge ProMode Arena maps can we get cpm gameplay added in as optional game type too?
Mmmmm alias print block good stuff
The game seems to run a lot more smoothly now, even with 70 ping.
Did you also make network changes to Quake Live or it's smooth now because there aren't very many players online ?
Nice Changes, but no new servers???
Great changes about /print cvar (wich is the old /echo, that no one knows why u take it out). Special congrats for the Space CTF change, about rail - now we can have fair matches.
What about a BRAZILIAN SERVER??? We pay a lot of ID games. We have thousands of Counter Strike clients! We have a looot of Quake 3 clients!!! All we need to become thousands in quake live is a.... Brazilian server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cant wait it no more... I would purchase the Pro account without even thinking... but, for what? To keep on playing with low ping players from other countries, with no chance against my real tier???
Plz... now is the time for the change.
Oh great, now I have to relearn all the map names. =D That was a very welcome change though, it's going to be a lot easier to learn the names of the maps now.
Adding the new maps as "premium content" is a nice way to solve the "threewave wants too much money" problem. Pass the costs directly to the players who are *****ing about adding them. Kudos. Though I'm sure that people are still going to ***** about having to pay for the new maps... In which case, give them the contact info for Threewave. =D
Last edited by Analogy; 08-06-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Could have sworn i saw more new commands in the console. like r_ ones.