+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem with switching between multiple configs

Member Cranky_Gamer is on a distinguished road

Problem with switching between multiple configs

Hello!

I've got different configs that I've bound to F keys in the autoexec.cfg. For the most part they work fine, but the problem I'm having is certain hud cvars keep seeming to be ignored when I switch between them.

For example, I have two configs Cranky1 and Cranky2, Cranky1 has the weapon bar on, Cranky2 has it off. I load Cranky1, the weapons bar is on, everything is fine. But when I load Cranky2 it's still on. I go into the menu, turn it off and do writeconfig "Cranky2", everything fine, but if I now load Cranky1, the weapons bar is off. It doesn't seem to write to the config at all, it'll just uses whatever was set last in the menu.

Anyone know of a way to fix this?

*ELAPIDAE
    If your different configs only contain small changes such as the weapon bar.. You're better off binding those things in one config.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Does the value of weaponbar exist in the config file?

Instead of using writeconfig, it would be better to just put the commands manually into the config file, for example starting with a blank one and putting cg_weaponbar whatever.

Senior Member iKs is on a distinguished road iKs's Avatar
    happened same to me with my HUD. had to do vid_Restart or loadhud cant quite remember. try vid_restart after loading cfg

Member Cranky_Gamer is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ELAPIDAE View Post
    If your different configs only contain small changes such as the weapon bar.. You're better off binding those things in one config.
    The differences between the configs are quite large, but it's just a bunch of things like the weapon bar, gun model and reward voice over, to name a few, that never seem to stick.

Quote Originally Posted by iKs View Post
    happened same to me with my HUD. had to do vid_Restart or loadhud cant quite remember. try vid_restart after loading cfg
    Used to get caught out by that myself when I first started tweaking graphic settings, but I have been using vid_restart, so it's not that causing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Instead of using writeconfig, it would be better to just put the commands manually into the config file, for example starting with a blank one and putting cg_weaponbar whatever.
    I've tried adding the commands manually but keep getting the same result. I've been using Visual Hud to generate the config in the first place so I haven't written one from scratch myself and would rather not go through all the hassle, but in the end if it gets the job done, I may just have to.

I get the impression that I'm being incredibly dumb and am misunderstanding something very simple. I've used a custom hud for a long time and never had any trouble, but now when I try to switch between two custom huds (in fact, want to use three) all of a sudden a bunch of cvars don't seem to be working right and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

Well, I'm going to try again sometime over the weekend, in the meantime just want to thank you for your responses.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    You don't have to vid_restart after a hud change, you can just \loadhud

If you show us how you are doing it (you can use paste bin for the files) we will figure it out quickly I'm sure. If there really is a glitch it will become obvious.

Senior Member iKs is on a distinguished road iKs's Avatar
    i had to... i guess it was some sort of bug

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    i have(had last update broke it 1 part) 2 same huds in HUD file and they are named ax1,ax2 bind them to diff keys with cg_hufiles etc;loadhud;autoexec and it should fix problem....i dont have problem when i do it like that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

+ Reply to Thread