+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: cl_mouseaccel minimum?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thech View Post
    rapha is the super fast counter who wins off fights that way and takes the map that way... placements comes naturally when you are ahead...
    He's an adaptive, predictive player, who is arguably the most "cerebral". He isn't known for his aim so much as adaptation to the opponent.

accel in this game is to yes use the mouse in a more natural way. but its about speed and the distance you have to move for it it to reach a point, a requirement, so that the placement of your aim is at the right spot at all times from any position in the quickest amount of time WHEN its needed... what other than aim and placement is accel used for? its for compensating unknowing play... if you knew what would happen would you really place your back against it and needed super fast turns then?... its about being the first off on the enemy. this is what i call not knowing, its not about intelligence, but the unforseen challenge you have in the game where being quick pays off...

im talking about knowing the situation. accel is used in duel because you for example need to camp out ra, you dont know where the oponent is and you have to be quick to counter... jumping around a corner and hit a 90 degree rg in a usual spot... its about countering in not knowing what could happen, taking your shots in the quickest possible time... its non intelligent but high skilled play. its different. if u understand what i mean.
    If you don't like accel and don't think it's for you, don't use it.

This concept of yours is bananas though. If you think players like rapha/cypher/cooller don't know where the enemy is you're trippin'. It's just that having higher sens for fast turns (and lower sens for slow) is more comfortable for them in doing what they need to do.

i know its about natural physical movement, but its all about needed for it to be that, but if you are smart about anything you would not place yourself in situations where that super quick action is needed, you could be smoking a cigarette taking it easy and just know how to play the game without any effort at all.
    It's not a matter of making quick turns, it's a matter of what's comfortable to the individual.

i also think accel is for nervous ppl people who sort to intellect rather than their own feelings,
    Earlier you said it was "non-intelligent" play :-) So which is it? :-)

but they fail every time in that they lose it when people are faster than them, and speed is not always about being the fastest by the actions, but being ahead of the situation just chilling and just strike where u know it hurts the most.
    Why do you think that players who use acceleration don't also predict? The two are separate things entirely.

Senior Member thech is on a distinguished road
    it basically came to my thought as going from being a high sens to a low sens player, i asked myself, why do i need so high sens/accel? i just figured because i need it to compensate and be quick in covering all the situations that i could end up in. it basically went hand in hand by the little knowledge i had of the key points in the game. the more i learned the more i lowered my sens cause i would prevent myself from getting in situations where high sens would be needed, so i ditched it.

i meant they play with intellect as to what to do in the game, rather than their feelings of the situation.... people who often resort to intellect are more prone to nervousness cause they are lacking emotionalness in that they play from their mind rather than with their heart.

the greater your prediction is the less sensitivity you need, its obvious hard to predict pro duel and thats why they use such high sens.

if a player tells you he uses his mouse settings because he is just comfortable with it, then thats not really just the thing, they up it there to cover all places in, and i believe 90% of them play with some setting which is not really about comfort but pushes them on the edge in being able to deliver. i think.

and rapha was great in that he played the players rather than the map, which most of the others do. i saw a few commentaries with him on his game, and he has a hard time to accept he does mistakes even when they are obvious. which makes me think he is just good in covering his ass and plays the players rather than the map in how people think he is just intelligent, like he knows when he can do it because of the oponent and not really that now its 3:55 and i need to go there to get ra and then i can do this and that. he rather play the player and stick to his own in not putting himself in bad situations and keeps hurting his oponent who runs the items.

*ELAPIDAE
    All the crap I've been reading throughout the years of high sens being bad.. first of all low sens & high sensitivities are defined by the individual's own conclusion of when you can call a sens "high" or "low". Some people call 3.2 for example high, others say it's med, others say it's low..

In the end it all comes down to the individual himself without anyone else influencing his thoughts about what's good or bad, best way to get things more smooth and more natural and whatnot is by experimenting all by yourself, you'll hit a point where you'll be like hey this actually feels really good, without actually thinking 'bout what others have told you about sensitivity, accel,...

Another thing I've noticed on here is that people, for some kind of reason I cannot possibly understand, think sensitivities are always some sort of a reflection upon someone's playstyle.. What is this? haha, it's the most ridiculous thing I've read in ages really. I remember reading comments about cypher's aim and his "ridiculous" sensitivity and people were like how is it even possible that he pulls off those railshots.. It all comes down to the individual himself and what's comfortable for him.

My eyes always bleed whenever I see someone asking me or someone else who's playing what mouse I'm using, what my sensitivity is, what mousepad and all that.. It doesn't matter one bit to someone else, a player uses his peripherals because those specific peripherals work for HIM, doesn't mean it works for someone else, and I see those questions every single day and I wonder when people will finally realize. The exact same thing goes for sensitivities, accel,..

I used to be a very accel heavy based player (accel at some point was at 2.4 back in q3), now I play without any accel at all and I don't really care when I think about it.. Back in those days playing with accel felt way more comfortable for me than playing without, nowadays it's the other way around.. I personally don't care what anyone says, if it works for me then I've basically succeeded in finding the right settings for myself.

ok champ i never put anyone in a box, geez, im just saying that people who are using crazy sens are using it out of being able to compensate for the little they know. i am talking it pro duel at high level, im not saying you are bad if your opponent tricked you, im just saying, for most of them they up it way up there just to cover their ass, its about intellect and nobody has enough intellect about beating anyone easy when they are equally skilled at that level, if they could they might as well play with some stupid low sens and not move their mouse around as much as they do during a quakecon final. its an act of franticness for a victory and nobody is chilled in how some of these people twist their mouse around to win a fight, i have yet not seen a totally cool player, other than maybe fat, who just took it easy cause it was art rather than spastic mouse flicking to just give of that little spam damage in that iwill gain you an advantage. where is that zen player who chews bubblegum and just gently strokes his mouse around his mousepad while he gently r4pes all his oponents? no, its all about being the fastest and quickest out of the box, all for compensation of the mistakes you have in the game. how come you lowere your sens? you feel that its better? of course it is, when you know how to move and not run stupid into a corner you cant get out of.

and if you question if anyone are using some sick accel just to be there up with the best cause they are dependant on hitting that peek rail before their oponent then you better believe it. its about performance before comfort. its all im saying. not judging anyone. just waiting for the next fat
    Last edited by thech; 05-16-2012 at 02:41 PM.

*ELAPIDAE
    I'm honestly, and without any disrespect towards you lad, having a hard time reading what you're trying to say.

Honestly, you can't compare fatality with players from these days, he'd be outclassed by 3/4th of the top tier players. Sure, he won a lot of titles and whatnot, but I never really thought the way he played was amazing.

I can safely say I'm always cool, calm & collected no matter what the situation, and I've competed in various games online & offline as well in the past, but I can't really see what that's got to do with sensitivity and all that, as that's completely irrelevant.

"im just saying that people who are using crazy sens are using it out of being able to compensate for the little they know"

I can definitely say you couldn't be any more wrong, ESPECIALLY when it comes to top tier players in quake. The general "rule" about sensitivity (including & excluding accel at the same time) is you should be able to turn 180 degrees comfortably, if you can't, you're allowing your opponent to dance around you. There were and maybe still are a few exceptions, players who do use a very low sensitivity making it uncomfortable to turn 180 degrees, but they're aware of their flaw in their settings but they prefer keeping those settings because they're used to it.

And going for comfort is the same as going for performance, as being comfortable with your settings will reflect on your performance at the same time, you're not making much sense by stating that those are 2 separate things when it comes to mouse settings.

That's the last thing I'm going to say about this, as I got the feeling you're gonna try and make an argument time after time no matter how little sense they make and how irrelevant or relevant they may be and it would just end up in a never ending senseless discussion.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thech View Post
    its an act of franticness for a victory and nobody is chilled in how some of these people twist their mouse around to win a fight, i have yet not seen a totally cool player, other than maybe fat, who just took it easy cause it was art rather than spastic mouse flicking to just give of that little spam damage in that iwill gain you an advantage. where is that zen player who chews bubblegum and just gently strokes his mouse around his mousepad while he gently r4pes all his oponents? no, its all about being the fastest and quickest out of the box, all for compensation of the mistakes you have in the game.
    This is not true at all.

Rapha is totally stoic when he plays, using ~20 cm/360 with accel 0.5 which quickly gets to 10 cm/360 or less.

Strenx is using 50 cm/360 and no accel other than that which is built-in to the kinzu (supposedly he switched back from the mx518), but is actually quite frantic by comparison. On the turns alone it would appear that the opposite is true, when in fact it's not.

ok i give up, i cant make my point. its like the sensitivity i have in windows, its low, its for taking things easy to be precise, not hit everything because i dont have time.

Senior Member nordag is an unknown quantity at this point nordag's Avatar
    tl;dr, but here are my 2 cents for you.

1. use m_cpi correctly
    2. use m_mouseacceloffset and m_mousesenscap
    3. use yaw and pitch with 0.022

my settings:

seta in_mouse "2"
    seta m_filter "0"
    seta m_pitch "0.022"
    seta m_yaw "0.022"
    seta m_cpi "2000"
    seta sensitivity "10"
    seta cl_mouseAccel "0.09"
    seta cl_mouseAccelPower "2"
    seta cl_mouseAccelOffset "25"
    seta cl_mouseSensCap "30"
    Last edited by nordag; 05-17-2012 at 06:24 AM.

Senior Member ybl is on a distinguished road ybl's Avatar
    sens 4
    accel .1
    (ie3.0 no driver)

offset ~6 seems to make it more stable, with 0 mouse becomes a bit shaky
    senscap 10, probly not so necessary
    power 2, default

whatevr, im not a great aimer

Member szlovak is on a distinguished road
    thech, you said among other useless things that you changed your WMO. Maybe it's not 1.1A version? It's not always so, but you might have version that shouldn't be used , different electronics inside than 1.1A. For sure good mouse pad is adviced, better sliders than these WMO's defaults are also adviced, but are not so bad.

if you have 1.1A at 500Hz, put this depending if you use m_cpi 0 or 400:

m_cpi 0 400

cl_mouseaccel 0,07 0,038
    sesnitivity 2,5 8,66
    m_yaw 0,022 0,022
    m_pitch 0,026 0,026
    cl_mousesensecap 7 24,25
    cl_mouseacceloffset 0 0,00

By the way, here you have excel for calculations http://depositfiles.com/files/umecaiwzt
    Last edited by szlovak; 12-09-2012 at 06:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread