+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: cl_mouseaccel minimum?

Senior Member thech is on a distinguished road

cl_mouseaccel minimum?

is cl_mouseaccel 0.1 the lowest number?
    Last edited by thech; 05-12-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Senior Member T1E is on a distinguished road T1E's Avatar
    I think you can go lower
    you need to go lower on high dpi even, because 0.1 can be pretty strong accel in that case

Member corvu is on a distinguished road
    i have used 0.03 for a long time

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    0 is off.

The lowest value before being 0 that still has an effect is probably the range of the float, like ~10^-38.

Negative acceleration values are possible, but they behave weirdly in my opinion and are not recommended.

what do you mean by... i need to go lower on higher dpi?
    i seriously dont feel any difference between 0.1 and 0.01.... if i go to 0.11 from 0.1 i do... its like if i just up some stupid number like 0.000001 it basically feels the same as 0.1

problem is im having is that small flicks are too sensitive... have to lower my overall sensitivity alot to have good feeling on small movement... but i end up being unable to do 180s of how slow it is..., i tried negative accel, feels weird..

whats it about float lorfa?
    Last edited by thech; 05-12-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thech View Post
    what do you mean by... i need to go lower on higher dpi?
    i seriously dont feel any difference between 0.1 and 0.01.... if i go to 0.11 from 0.1 i do... its like if i just up some stupid number like 0.000001 it basically feels the same as 0.1
    He means that the greater the mouse CPI, the greater the effect of acceleration.

problem is im having is that small flicks are too sensitive... have to lower my overall sensitivity alot to have good feeling on small movement... but i end up being unable to do 180s of how slow it is..., i tried negative accel, feels weird..
    Try using cl_MouseSensCap. For example setting it to 7 will make the sensitivity not go past 7.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by thech View Post
    problem is im having is that small flicks are too sensitive...
    You can experiment with offset so that not-so-harsh flicks will result in no accel kicking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Limbless_Pony View Post
    You can experiment with offset so that not-so-harsh flicks will result in no accel kicking in.
    cl_mouseaccelOffset?

1st of all i really hate accel... but i dont know what to do, all sorts of mousepads, i think it comes down to my mouse, wmo, and its sensor... people say it has negative accel, i duno.

2 situations. u have a guy really close to you, he walks past you and you do a fast arm movement of flicking your shot after him and hit a rail on him, i can pinpoint in that rail only without accel, with accel i basically twist a fast 180 and readjust the shot to him, but without accel i basically hit in 1 go.... thats basically what i base my sensitivity on.... but if i have like a guy in a distance, without zoom, i try to flick the shot into him and i have to hold the mouse really steady not to overdo it... its like there is not enough space to move the mouse and i always overdo it, trying to force my hand to do right amount of small flicks, resulting in bad action.

i thought negative accel would be what i would need to prevent the small flicks to have increased sensitivity. just becomes so inconsistent with low sens and high accel.
    Last edited by thech; 05-13-2012 at 03:27 AM.

What sensitivity are you using? yaw/pitch/accel/cap/offset/m_cpi?

in_mouse 2, sens 1.5-1.8 depending on situation, 0.022, no accel and m_cpi 0.

wrist movement is too fast and arm movement too slow... always wondred if somebody had made a setting which compensates for the neg accel on wmo and ime's...
    Last edited by thech; 05-14-2012 at 04:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread