+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DevPick May 11-14: QuadHog

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

DevPick May 11-14: QuadHog

This week's DevPick is the FFA variant Quad Hog, which received some updates in Premium Pak 12. While the main rules of the game are the same: you can only damage players if you are holding the Quad Damage, or if you are shooting the person holding it. The person holding the Quad now has a crown above their heads visible to all players, allowing them to hone in on your position. Trying to hide and ambush is no longer a valid strategy. The Quad Damage is also marked when it spawns or drops, reducing the need to run aimlessly around the arena looking for the item.

Quad Hog, which is one of the over 200 customisable settings in the new Start a Match introduced in Premium Pak 12, is now running worldwide through Monday. Have a great weekend!

*Cubicar
    I actually can't find DevPick matches running. I played today for 1h and 25min, and i didn't see these.

*Cubicar
    I found these matches after choosing "Any Unranked Game" in game type filter.

I think, QuadHog can be of full value game mode. I liked it much more than Red Rover.

Senior Member keefy is on a distinguished road
    I said it months ago There needs to be a "devpick" server filter.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    you are getting closer to Q2's holywars. GJ

Junior Member Cobra is on a distinguished road
    Can find hardly anyone playing this devpick as it does not show up in the server list unless you choose to show unranked games.

Junior Member MrsMoo is on a distinguished road MrsMoo's Avatar
    There's zero people playing at the moment on the European servers.. which is a shame because it sounds very cool. I looked earlier for it but it was only when I read this thread that I was able to find it!

*Earthsea
    I saw no populated servers for this devpick over the weekend, shame.

Senior Member JustLOL is on a distinguished road JustLOL's Avatar
    Yeah, seems like /fail, all devpicks so far had multiple servers fully populated and active for days, there were even people that never play that particular mode, but this one, I've only seen it occasionally pop up in the server list. Don't know what's the reason for that, the idea doesn't sound bad at all, might be related to what Cobra posted above, if that's the way most people have their server browser configured. :/

*wurm12345678910
    what are devpicks?

+ Reply to Thread