+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A question about skill level.

Senior Member insect is on a distinguished road insect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sml411 View Post
    As I said there is nobody in T1. Your son "was" but is no more and if I mis-read what wrote then what is his player name so we can see his stats showing T1.
    There are lots of Tier 1 players and it's not hard to find them...

If you still can't, here's how to do:
    1 Choose weakest player on a low skill server.
    2 Check his match history and search for even lower skilled players
    3 if you find one - load his profile
    4 repeat 2-3

This way it's possible to find many players with T1 bar lightened, as well as players that are completely new to the game and played only a few matches so far.

I won't give you names, would you like to be marked as 'low skill tier 1 player' in forums? The player may improve, next year may be in Tier 3.

Banned sml411 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by insect View Post
    There are lots of Tier 1 players and it's not hard to find them...

If you still can't, here's how to do:
    1 Choose weakest player on a low skill server.
    2 Check his match history and search for even lower skilled players
    3 if you find one - load his profile
    4 repeat 2-3

This way it's possible to find many players with T1 bar lightened, as well as players that are completely new to the game and played only a few matches so far.

I won't give you names, would you like to be marked as 'low skill tier 1 player' in forums? The player may improve, next year may be in Tier 3.
    Remember all new players start in T3. It is a fact if they are T1 so nobody can complain. It is open to anybody to view. You are not saying the player is a liar, cheater, wife beater, ahole nothing more or nothing less than their current Tier. Again their is no T1, if you are in T1 please speak up so we can view your stats.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    Just played a T1 CA guy - mehn. He had joined a T4 server though -- I thought that wasn't possible!?!?
    Any sufficiently skilled player is indistinguishable from a hacker (to paraphrase Arthur C Clarke)

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    U thought? Since when? Uptiering has always been possible/ an issue o.O
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

Censorship AND Infractions for inappropriate language? I think that's a bit redundant, try-hards

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D_R View Post
    U thought? Since when? Uptiering has always been possible/ an issue o.O
    I thought you couldn't go from 1 to 4, though. It's bad enough allowing +2 (2 to 4), but +3 should really not be allowed.
    Any sufficiently skilled player is indistinguishable from a hacker (to paraphrase Arthur C Clarke)

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    How would you know? You can't even see them in the server browser if your tier is too high.
    Pro tip: you can log out of your account and into another one.

I use the alt for coaching mainly, so I downgraded it during evaluation period on purpose; it's currently stuck in T2 in both CA and CTF and I usually find it almost impossible to join a green server. Using Frankfurt by default (the most popular location by far), but often checking Paris, Amsterdam etc. too.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Ah. Didn't think about alt accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by sml411 View Post
    I'm almost certain their is no T1. People say they know players but cannot mention names or like you they "hear" of people in it. So if anybody knows of someone in T1 mention their name. It's not against the rules. I can say look at FlashSoul he's T4 or look at Strenx he's T4 so why not.
    I don't know why we're talking about Tier 1 anyway. It's supposed to be pretty empty. My intervention was in regards to the affirmation that 95% of the players were in Tier 3+4, which is wrong. There should be about 50% of the playerbase in T3 and 25% in T2 and T4. T1 is pretty much negligible.

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    To suggest there is no Tier 1 is simply not accurate. Tier 1 makes up about 10-15% of our active player base. They do exist, and there are usually a handful of servers running. The gameplay of players at that level is very radically different from how higher skilled matches are played, it is quite distinguishable. The most popular maps in CA are either Hearth or Hell's Gate Redux; there's rarely more than 1 or 2 servers running Campgrounds.

Banned sml411 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mr_Ed View Post
    Just played a T1 CA guy - mehn. He had joined a T4 server though -- I thought that wasn't possible!?!?
    Thank you. To my amazement he is T1 and I am now T1. So maybe groups of people can be down Tiered as skills ebb and flow. Thank you Sponge for providing input to the conversation. My real concern was I thought if I was not T1 then there wasn't a T1. At the time I was showing T2 with ungodly stats. Gentlemen thank you all of the input.

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    btw. you are actually are tier 1 in the gamemodes u seem to play ^.^
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

Censorship AND Infractions for inappropriate language? I think that's a bit redundant, try-hards

+ Reply to Thread