+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Samples"

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road

"Samples"

Aight there is this errr sample domination server for standard users.
    It appears it runs only one certain map. Is there any information on it?

I'd like to know:
    Does that map change? Maybe on daily or weekly base?
    If so, how is it picked?

I like the fact it's there, and I'm perfectly fine with the idea of giving free users the gamemode to experience, with only just one map. But PLS, chemical reaction? Hell no :-D

Thought about suggesting the map being picked via poll every day/week after knowing what the deal is atm (hope those "samples" remain over time) :-)
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

Censorship AND Infractions for inappropriate language? I think that's a bit redundant, try-hards

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    According to IRC, Chemical Reaction was found to be one of the most fun maps in that mode. So the choice was obvious, "We need a map that works good, but it's free (to not give up too much of premium away)? Chemical Reaction of course!" :)

And to answer your question:
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    We expect to mix these matches up from time to time, so be on the lookout for matches labeled "Sampler" in your match browser!
    Last edited by Lam; 05-08-2012 at 04:31 AM.

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    Hm aight, thx for the info.

1) According to IRC -> Hmmm, what do you mean?
    Any of the devs said that in chat, relying on stats (aka which map was played much in domi during free week)? Or did somebody express his personal taste? Because frankly, it's n o t a good map (I can't remember ever playing it during free week either, and I played domi only xD) o.O

2) I read that piece of Info from sponge. Yet, It doesn't tell me any (I mean, he's not really giving away anything there?).
    All I understand is: "We will change the sampler matches from time to time". It could mean anything?

Like changing it once a day (when it was new it could've been possible, now I know it's not ^.^), week, month. Or irregular.
    Plus, I would guess they they will "change" the gamemode as well. Meh, don't want freeze or rover samples, had "my share" of those lol :-D

edith says: sampler gone? really would like in depth explanation on it ^^
    Last edited by D_R; 05-10-2012 at 05:49 AM.
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

Censorship AND Infractions for inappropriate language? I think that's a bit redundant, try-hards

+ Reply to Thread