+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Premium Week Wrap up & Sampler Matches

Junior Member Taevier is on a distinguished road
    What would you like to vote?
    Mainly [Map Vote]. Since there are maps that most people don't care for as much, or they need a smaller map for less people.
    [Shuffle] wouldn't be a bad idea. But I'm finding issues with shuffle (should be diff thread so I won't elaborate here), so I wouldn't care as much if no shuffle, but most do.

That way people won't be turned away from the game [domination].
    If you are going to invest money/effort into creating new content which people are thrilled to see (and you have noticed), please make sure your not throwing money/effort away with something you could easily correct.
    What would you like to vote?

I was contemplating getting Premium, maybe Pro in future (when I make more/have less debt).
    Domination is what got me to go Premium finally =] . I wish you will dedicated a server (premium) to Domination alone.

Always been huge fan of ID, played all your games since beginning, and have bought all quakes (some multiple times).

*sml411
    I believe "sampler" is a fixed free server. If you have pro I think you can start your own.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sml411 View Post
    I believe "sampler" is a fixed free server. If you have pro I think you can start your own.
    Correct, tho if Taevier wants to play Dom, there's not much point in getting Premium because he won't be able to start a server :/ Get Pro , start a public Dom server and spam the link on irc. It'll fill up in no time.

<edit> There are pickup channels for the new game types now. Check Drayan's sig for details :

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/member.php?12897-Drayan

</edit>
    Last edited by DocPossible; 05-13-2012 at 06:01 AM.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Junior Member Taevier is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DocPossible View Post
    Correct, tho if Taevier wants to play Dom, there's not much point in getting Premium because he won't be able to start a server :/ Get Pro , start a public Dom server and spam the link on irc. It'll fill up in no time.

<edit> There are pickup channels for the new game types now. Check Drayan's sig for details :

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/member.php?12897-Drayan

</edit>
    Thank you DocPossible for the further explanation, and thank you for the link.
    Though I cannot afford pro due to a really tight budget. I really wish I could. Love Quake! Even Quakewars!

The link you gave will at least give me a chance to get a Pro member interested in starting a Dom match.
    And by the way... maybe you would start one if your on often?? If you like Dom that is!

Taevier

Junior Member FliK is on a distinguished road
    Domination and attack defend..... Awesome...

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    Uhm, when did you get the idea you can't vote on the sample server? you can o.O

"Mainly mapvote" Well the idea of "sampler" is to let you scoop out the gamemode with very limited choices, a.k.a just one map and then feel like paying to get the whole bandwidth. However, it IS even possible to vote a map, it just turns out "chemical reaction" all the time ;-)

Shuffle vote is perfectly possible, and works (at least better than auto-shuffle, which kicks in during uneven teamsizes such as 3on2, 4on3 and thereby favours the team with less players).

Kicks also work.

"Just" map and teamsize are fixed, because as said it's only a sampler with limited options ^^
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

*Cubicar
    DOM Sampler game freezes on "AWAITING SNAPSHOT" almost every time when it reloads.

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

Junior Member lichen is on a distinguished road
    Are the domination sampler servers permanent or will they be removed? When will pro subscribers be required to host domination so that we can play it? (I am a pro subscriber btw and I am happy to host, but I just want to know if/when samplers will disappear).

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lichen View Post
    Are the domination sampler servers permanent or will they be removed? When will pro subscribers be required to host domination so that we can play it? (I am a pro subscriber btw and I am happy to host, but I just want to know if/when samplers will disappear).
    Samplers will eventually rotate back to Domination, but yes -- it will eventually disappear.

+ Reply to Thread