+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium Week Wrap up & Sampler Matches

Hybrid View

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

Premium Week Wrap up & Sampler Matches

The Premium content week has now ended. During the last week, out of the five new gametypes, Domination was by far filling up the most matches, while Attack & Defend was the second most popular. Red Rover was third, and Harvester and 1-Flag CTF traded places at fourth and fifth. The results of our Facebook poll showed a similar result, with 73% of the people who voted for their favorite game mode choosing Domination.

If you haven't checked out the new Start a Match yet, our Standard and Premium users can kick the tires on a non-functional demo to see the depth of settings available, while Pro users can create and play on matches of their own twisted creation. Start a Match can be accessed through "Play Online," under the "Home" menu. Response to our Start a Match changes have been overwhelmingly positive, with six times more people playing on Pro matches than in previous months. If you've had trouble creating Pro matches in the past, now is a great time to give it another shot!

Along with re-enabling Premium matches, we're also introducing today for the first time ever, Sampler Matches. These are Domination matches running Chemical Reaction, and are only available in select locations (Texas, United Kingdom, Germany, Argentina, Australia, and Russia) in limited quantities. We expect to mix these matches up from time to time, so be on the lookout for matches labeled "Sampler" in your match browser!

It was great seeing everybody checking out all the new content this week, and we're looking forward to continued fragging on our Domination Sampler matches!

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar
    Great idea. I'm actually taken back by this.

Good work chaps.
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

Banned sml411 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibers View Post
    Great idea. I'm actually taken back by this.
    lol, you and me both. It's a freaking miracle! Maybe they are listening. id, these are your offerings and they need to be made available for all new player to try and get hooked. So ALL game types need to always be available to addict anybody at any time even if its just one map (you're getting on the right track). So the VISION is a player likes FT he puts it in his search and sees the pub match is full but sees 3 other premium maps going and then its a no brainer. Don't make any more game types until you reach critical mass.
    Work on the cheats problem and make a statement about it.

Then do correct these and success.
    -Put new players in T1 and not T3
    -"Totally" fix shuffle or autobalance teams and if people don't like it they can buy premium to turn off auto shuffle. (the auto shuffle they tried in dev pick was terrible and not thought through)
    - People can only join teams in pairs and if one person leaves last to join is forced to spec. Don't like it start your own server.
    - Shorten game durantions via time or score. This should cut down on people leaving. Again the object is to try and ensure a fun time for all.

What I don't like about current setup:

- Why do I have to vote to have a fair game? Every thing I do in life I expect to be fair why is this game different?
    - Why can somebody spam the same stupid message or call vote for same map, beeping everybody just to annoy?
    - Why can somebody join an even match on the last point?
    - why can somebody be unhittably laggy and allowed to play?
    - Why are there mysterious game types that I cannot try unless I buy premium?
    The veterans will have solutions for most of these but the point is why should the player have to do this when it should be part of the game?
    Fun, fair and action equals success
    Last edited by sml411; 05-08-2012 at 07:14 AM.

Senior Member kristus is on a distinguished road kristus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sml411 View Post
    What I don't like about current setup:

- Why do I have to vote to have a fair game? Every thing I do in life I expect to be fair why is this game different?
    - Why can somebody spam the same stupid message or call vote for same map, beeping everybody just to annoy?
    - Why can somebody join an even match on the last point?
    - why can somebody be unhittably laggy and allowed to play?
    - Why are there mysterious game types that I cannot try unless I buy premium?
    The veterans will have solutions for most of these but the point is why should the player have to do this when it should be part of the game?
    Fun, fair and action equals success

You'll make a great dictator one day.

Banned DCR is on a distinguished road
    #1 Get a pro subscription.
    #2 Add friends who play quake.
    #3 Start a server and play quake with friends.

Member Lapppy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    with six times more people playing on Pro matches than in previous months.
    Does that include the free premium week?

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapppy View Post
    Does that include the free premium week?
    Yes, it does.

Junior Member 4venger is on a distinguished road
    ok, now where's Brazilian server ?

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    Response to our Start a Match changes have been overwhelmingly positive, with six times more people playing on Pro matches than in previous months.

It was great seeing everybody checking out all the new content this week, and we're looking forward to continued fragging on our Domination Sampler matches!
    I went to bed leaving my server running and was amazed to find 15 people still on it the next morning when i got up.
    Great job with this latest update guys,keep up the good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muckyman View Post
    I went to bed leaving my server running and was amazed to find 15 people still on it the next morning when i got up.
    The next needed feature would be persistent op list, so you don't need to /op someone each time they rejoin, instead start a server, run some script with a command, let's call it /addop for each entitled users and each time one of them joins, make them a referee.

+ Reply to Thread