+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to this site

*xiceman191

New to this site

Hey all,
    I'm Xiceman191, and I'm new to these forums and Quake Live. I was wondering if the online community still has a fair amount of people playing, because I have been looking for a good multiplayer arena shooter.

Senior Member Sheleft is on a distinguished road
    Depends on where you live and what you consider "a fair amount". I'm in the NW US and have been told this is the least populated (compared to eastern US and all Europe) with players yet I still find games pretty much when ever I want.

ps. welcome! have fun. ignore the trolls.
    QL: Any problem that can be blamed on your system/connection... will be.

"Yo Soy Fiesta!"-- Gronk

*xiceman191
    i live in central us. In terms of fair amount all i care about is getting games with at least 8-10 players. From what i played today it doesnt seem like a problem getting a game.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    You'll never have a problem playing a match with 8-10 players. I'm pretty sure that even at like 5 am it can be done.

*Earthsea
    West Coast US here ("the dead zone").

I never have a problem finding a populated server; usually anywhere from 12-20 populated servers are available for your choosing.

Good luck, welcome, don't mind the trolls, etc.

Senior Member Sheleft is on a distinguished road
    @Call_Me_Ishmael
    To address your question from another thread cause this seems a more appropriate one: "Just lol'd at your location. I'm in NorCal as well. I dunno, I think about a dozen populated servers is just dandy. Does Europe have way more or something? This is what I've heard."

Europe from what I hear has many more players, dunno about number of servers per square miles or whatever tho.
    I whine cause they took my Palo Alto and San Fran servers down and left me with Seattle and LA when I live only 10 mins away from PA and like a whole lot more to those other places.
    I was compelled to change my Location in a drunked attempt to express my disgust in quake lives insistence on playing to the best interests of the majority and or saving money. pfft.. the nerve...
    why is this free game not based around everything I want?

but yea there are still plenty of quality servers and lots of people playing on them.
    QL: Any problem that can be blamed on your system/connection... will be.

"Yo Soy Fiesta!"-- Gronk

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    Welcome to quake live and if you need something just ask us here on forums....everything what you need is on sections!I hope that you will have much fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

*sml411
    Quote Originally Posted by xiceman191 View Post
    Hey all,
    I'm Xiceman191, and I'm new to these forums and Quake Live. I was wondering if the online community still has a fair amount of people playing, because I have been looking for a good multiplayer arena shooter.
    Welcome and I hope you are enjoying yourself. It's rare we get somebody introducing themselves as new to QL but what a rare opportunity to provide first hand view to the new player experience. I'd like to ask some questions and hopefully give id some feedback.

1. How long have you been playing QL?
    2. Is this your first Quake experience?
    3. Which was your first FPS and when did you start playing that?
    4. Do you own xbox or playstation?
    5. What other FPS games do you play?
    6. What is your favorite game mode in QL? ie FFA, CTF, CA, TDM
    7. How did you find QL?
    8. What is your current skill Tier? Have you completed 20 games?

+ Reply to Thread