+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Autologin doesn't work once you get logged off due to inactivity

Junior Member mute is on a distinguished road

Autologin doesn't work once you get logged off due to inactivity

Hi,

whenI leave firefox open and running, and I'm getting correctly logged off due to inactivity. After that, however, I cannot use the autologin feature. When I press "I'm back" I have to enter a password. Even closing the tab and reopening QuakeLive requires to enter user and password to login. I have to close all Firefox instances and start firefox again to get automatically logged in (probably because I get a new session).

Junior Member mute is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    thats how it should be
    I seriously doubt that, as it would make no sense at all. Forcing somebody to close all non-related firefox windows to use the autologin feature doesn't sound like intended behaviour.

Junior Member treasury is on a distinguished road
    +1

i am using chrome and i hate to re-login all the time, again and again. i can stay logged in on all the sites i use (except banking), just quakelive force me to log in again all the time. at least give a chrome and firefox recognizable id to the login form components to help them autofill the text input boxes. at least it would be only one click.

the best would be to not to automatically logout, just stop the communication if the user is idle.

the world is going online, users have everything online and have the internet services open all the time in tabs. for example i have gmail, twitter, google reader, google calendar, windows live and facebook always open. auto-logout would be really bad on any of these sites. please let the users play just clicking on the quakelive tab without making them to do any extra work.

thanks.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    having ticked the remember me box
    any time I get auto logged out I just have to close the tab and open it again and I'm logged back in.

Junior Member treasury is on a distinguished road
    at least there should be an "I'm back!" link on the auto-logout screen. that "close the tab and open it again" method is not working (in chrome) and even if it would work, it is not a real solution, just a lame workaround.. imagine if i would have to close and reopen all the sites i use all the time.......

if there would be no auto-logout, i would be notified, when a friend is coming online and things like that. things like that would be very good for the "site".
    Last edited by treasury; 05-04-2011 at 08:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread